PayPal Community Chat - August 31, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Friday, August 31st, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 4pm GMT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Martin

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Hoped I got back in time before you locked the thread, got 5 queries please if you can help.

1. Does Paypal still not support Payoneer, only some folks seem to be able to link and confirm cards with it OR is it just bank accounts that can't be used?

2. Can you search a Paypal history more than 3 years back if so how?

3. Is there a better site than this link below as it seems out of date??

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

4. Is there a Paypal live chat? Some folks have said they used it so is it country specific?

5. Lastly a lot of folks post screen shots but I can't see them they appear as yellow triangles or red circles, any reason or is it my computer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass,

We have just started. It is between 5 pm and 6 pm BST. I will get back to you with some answers. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Also there are scam threads i have just reported.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass,

1. Does Paypal still not support Payoneer, only some folks seem to be able to link and confirm cards with it or is it just bank accounts that can't be used?

We do not support Payoneer as a bank. However, sometimes these accounts slip through and cards linked to these accounts also get through. We don’t advise customers to use them.

1. Can you search a PayPal history more than 3 years back if so how?

In such instances, you will need to request download of the activity choosing Statements in the Activity section. Here you can create a report with the timeframe you wish. It is not always instant, but we will email a customised activity report once it is ready.  Here is a link https://www.paypal.com//smarthelp/article/faq1007

1. Is there a better site than this link below as it seems out of date??

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

No, not at the moment, but we have noticed this and we are working to get it up to date or overhauled.

1. Is there a Paypal live chat? Some folks have said they used it so is it country specific?  

This is an actual product. Yes, we are testing on the North American market, but not yet available on other markets, but watch this space

1. Lastly, a lot of folks post screenshots but I can't see them they appear as yellow triangles or red circles, any reason or is it my computer?

These yellow triangles indicate an image that has been posted but has not yet cleared moderation that it adheres to the Community Guidelines

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Martin

Thank you very much, does the red circles screenshots mean something different?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @kernowlass,

It would mean the image has not been accepted. 

Thanks for all your input, you keep the Community on its toes! 

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.