PayPal Community Chat - August 29, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 29th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

GillyX
I want to help a friend whose house was destroyed in the recent flood. So, you're telling me I cannot send a gift? How much fees would he haveto pay if I claim I bought something, I'd have to add that to the sum. 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@GillyX wrote:
I want to help a friend whose house was destroyed in the recent flood. So, you're telling me I cannot send a gift? How much fees would he haveto pay if I claim I bought something, I'd have to add that to the sum. 😞

Hi @GillyX,

That's definitely frustrating, I apologize that the situation is a bit complicated here. If you were to send the payment for Goods & Services, we would charge both a transaction fee of 4.4% plus a fixed fee , and a cross-border fee of 1%. These fees are standard for international payments related to Goods & Services. 

As you're not trying to purchase anything, sending your friend a gift through PayPal may not be the best option. I would advise seeing what other options you would have outside of PayPal, such as xoom. This may be a better fit for your needs. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dragtail
Contributor
Contributor

I've been waiting for the review process to go through on my account so I can have access to it back and it said it should only take two business days but it's been about a week now and it still hasn't been done and I did submit the information that was requested. I would very much like to be able to use my account again as I prefer to use it rather than enter my card info for my purchases

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Dragtail wrote:

I've been waiting for the review process to go through on my account so I can have access to it back and it said it should only take two business days but it's been about a week now and it still hasn't been done and I did submit the information that was requested. I would very much like to be able to use my account again as I prefer to use it rather than enter my card info for my purchases

Hi @Dragtail,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in review of your account's limitation! If volumes are high, the review time may exceed the estimate given. The first thing I would suggest to do is check the Resolution Center and your Message Center for updates. If you haven't received any notification of additional information needed or a result of the review, please contact customer service to inquire about the status of the review. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Joshima4
Trying to transfer my money to my bank account and customer service says there is a technical issue going on and technicians are working on it, is there an eta when this will be resolved? I need the money in my bank account by Friday morning
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Joshima4 wrote:
Trying to transfer my money to my bank account and customer service says there is a technical issue going on and technicians are working on it, is there an eta when this will be resolved? I need the money in my bank account by Friday morning

Hi @Joshima4,

Not being able to withdraw your funds is definitely a concern, I appreciate your patience while we work to resolve the issue. At this time, we do not have an ETA on when it will be resolved. Please know that we are aware and doing everything we can to ensure it's fixed as soon as possible.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Vermouthyz
Contributor
Contributor
I cannot add a bank account. It always says, We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Vermouthyz wrote:
I cannot add a bank account. It always says, We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date

Hi @Vermouthyz,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty adding a bank! If the system is declining to allow you to add a this bank account, there are several factors that may be involved. If it is a virtual account, such as a Payoneer account, it will not be able to be added. If it is not, and if you've waited for a later date as per the messaging and it still does not allow the linking of the bank account, please contact customer service so a representative can take a look at your account and troubleshoot the problem. 

To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, August 31st at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, September 5th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.