PayPal Community Chat - August 29, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 29th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

oldhat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. On the 22nd I made a sizeable purchase on ebay and used paypal to pay using a credit card. I specifically read out loud to myself the selection I made, "Pay with paypal balance + credit card" because I knew I did not want and could not pay with my bank balance. Nonetheless, the paypal transaction shows "pay with paypal balance and fund transfer", and I have or will have two overdraft fees totaling $70 before the charge is made to my credit card. Again, I am 98.76 percent sure I correctly selected pay with credit card, but that is not what happened. Do I have any recourse? I have chatted and called paypal, with no real recognition of my issue, just "we can't stop the process".  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@oldhat wrote:

Hi. On the 22nd I made a sizeable purchase on ebay and used paypal to pay using a credit card. I specifically read out loud to myself the selection I made, "Pay with paypal balance + credit card" because I knew I did not want and could not pay with my bank balance. Nonetheless, the paypal transaction shows "pay with paypal balance and fund transfer", and I have or will have two overdraft fees totaling $70 before the charge is made to my credit card. Again, I am 98.76 percent sure I correctly selected pay with credit card, but that is not what happened. Do I have any recourse? I have chatted and called paypal, with no real recognition of my issue, just "we can't stop the process".  Thanks!

Hey @oldhat,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with the transaction and payment method. 😞 Unexpected bank transfers can definitely be frustrating. In these situations, what you've been told regarding the transfer is correct - once it's requested from the bank, it can't be stopped from our end. In this case, I would advise working with your bank to see what options they may have regarding the transfer.

In reference to the method changing, there are some situations with checkout processes where a payment method may not be available when we attempt to charge it. This would cause the backup method to be chosen instead. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but I hope the issue is able to be resolved soon.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Hi

First of all, I have to thanks the amazing PayPal team for helping me getting refunded 2 times in a row after getting scammed in a stupid waySmiley Tongue

I'm posting here because I need help regarding using my account to pay for a Facebook Ad.

whenever I choose PayPal as a method to pay. it tells me:

Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase.

I want to pay using my PayPal balance I don't want to add/use a credit/debit card. can I please be guided on how to solve this issue?

thanks for your time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@thelordHimself wrote:

Hi

First of all, I have to thanks the amazing PayPal team for helping me getting refunded 2 times in a row after getting scammed in a stupid waySmiley Tongue

I'm posting here because I need help regarding using my account to pay for a Facebook Ad.

whenever I choose PayPal as a method to pay. it tells me:

Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase.

I want to pay using my PayPal balance I don't want to add/use a credit/debit card. can I please be guided on how to solve this issue?

thanks for your time.

Hey @thelordHimself,

Glad to hear the refund issue was solved! Regarding your payment, we often cannot complete payments through accounts without a backup payment method, especially when it comes to billing agreements. As payments to Facebook Ads are part of a subscription, you would need to add a backup payment method to complete your payment, and for PayPal to have a source in the future if necessary for additional payments to the merchant. I'm sorry for any inconvenience!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

newlinedesign
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I made an original post about a bank withdrawal problem I've been having since last week. The link to the post is the following: POST

I will copy and post from there since I didn't receive a reply. I understand the customer service reps only have so much authorization permissions for account resolutions and are not to blame for PayPal's security filters and system, but I would've hoped they'd push it up to someone that could help with my issue or at least communicate with me via e-mail as well to follow up. I had a negative experience over the phone so I hope posting here to get help from the moderators would help.

Thanks in advance for your reply and time to help me with my problem.

--------------------

I have both my bank account and debit card linked and confirmed on my PayPal business account. I have been trying to withdraw money and transfer it to my bank both through my bank account and my debit card with absolutely no result for the past week. I keep getting error messages and I have tried calling customer service on 3 separate occasions and I was given explanations along the lines of my account activating a security filter/block and not letting my account process the action. I've verified my identity multiple times to try to remove this block over the phone and was told the issue would be sent to the compliance team and to try again later. No luck, my transfer requests just won't go through my funds are just stuck in my account. Repeated day after day.

I also tried sending as a friend to someone else's account and transferring through there (suggested by the last person to help me from customer service) and was given a message saying "we weren't able to complete [...] Try again later". I also spoke to a moderator on live chat last week and was told to call to remove the blocks. I've been going around in circles just to resolve this and it's been frustrating. During the calls I try to withdraw when they tell me to so they can see anything on their side and no result I get told it should process and there's no reason it shouldn't, as a last suggestion they tell me to try again in X hours and I feel that's just to disconnect the call. The most I was told was 72 hours, and still got error messages.

Is there someone above the customer service reps that has the authority to look at my account and either see what's going on or give a solution? This "security issue" is preventing me, the most authorized person to move funds, from actually moving them.

Initially I would get this message.Initially I would get this message.Then when withdrawing. I call to confirm my identity and getting the first error message.Then when withdrawing. I call to confirm my identity and getting the first error message.When I try sending as a friend to avoid fee.When I try sending as a friend to avoid fee.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@newlinedesign wrote:

Hi, I made an original post about a bank withdrawal problem I've been having since last week. The link to the post is the following: POST

I will copy and post from there since I didn't receive a reply. I understand the customer service reps only have so much authorization permissions for account resolutions and are not to blame for PayPal's security filters and system, but I would've hoped they'd push it up to someone that could help with my issue or at least communicate with me via e-mail as well to follow up. I had a negative experience over the phone so I hope posting here to get help from the moderators would help.

Thanks in advance for your reply and time to help me with my problem.

--------------------

I have both my bank account and debit card linked and confirmed on my PayPal business account. I have been trying to withdraw money and transfer it to my bank both through my bank account and my debit card with absolutely no result for the past week. I keep getting error messages and I have tried calling customer service on 3 separate occasions and I was given explanations along the lines of my account activating a security filter/block and not letting my account process the action. I've verified my identity multiple times to try to remove this block over the phone and was told the issue would be sent to the compliance team and to try again later. No luck, my transfer requests just won't go through my funds are just stuck in my account. Repeated day after day.

I also tried sending as a friend to someone else's account and transferring through there (suggested by the last person to help me from customer service) and was given a message saying "we weren't able to complete [...] Try again later". I also spoke to a moderator on live chat last week and was told to call to remove the blocks. I've been going around in circles just to resolve this and it's been frustrating. During the calls I try to withdraw when they tell me to so they can see anything on their side and no result I get told it should process and there's no reason it shouldn't, as a last suggestion they tell me to try again in X hours and I feel that's just to disconnect the call. The most I was told was 72 hours, and still got error messages.

Is there someone above the customer service reps that has the authority to look at my account and either see what's going on or give a solution? This "security issue" is preventing me, the most authorized person to move funds, from actually moving them.

Initially I would get this message.Initially I would get this message.Then when withdrawing. I call to confirm my identity and getting the first error message.Then when withdrawing. I call to confirm my identity and getting the first error message.When I try sending as a friend to avoid fee.When I try sending as a friend to avoid fee.

Hi @newlinedesign,

I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulty that you're experiencing withdrawing and sending funds. It sounds like the system has detected some element or elements of risk that it's attempting to protect against, in order to ensure that there is no one trying to fraudulently access your funds. It's certainly frustrating when legitimate actions are caught in the net, and in some circumstances it may be possible to bypass the security controls with validation measures. If you've called and a representative did not have the ability to resolve the situation on the call, then time would be the only recourse. It would be necessary to wait it out and attempt it again at a later time, so the system can read the circumstances again and reevaluate the situation at that time. Trying too many times in succession actually causes the security system to read an additional risk factor. If you've done that, I would suggest waiting a day or more before trying again.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

GillyX
Want to send money to India but my payment doesn't go through. What to do?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@GillyX wrote:
Want to send money to India but my payment doesn't go through. What to do?

Hey @GillyX,

Great question! Are you sending the payment for Goods & Services? India can only receive export-related payments. There could also be an issue on the receiver's end preventing them from accepting payments. Do you get an error message? 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.