PayPal Community Chat - August 22, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 22nd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_AshleyM

@mmhhav wrote:

Hi

My account got limited (again! for the second time), and I've submitted all my documents. I want to ask

(i) How long will it take for someone to review and de-limit my account

(ii) After verification once,why do you guys need to verify again? After this time, can I be asked to re verify everything again after 6 months or so (nothing has changed. my address,phone, ssn, etc etc is all the same! except i've grown older by 6 months!

Regards

Hi @mmhhav,

Limitations can be frustrating, I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. 😞 Without knowing exactly why the account was limited, or what we're requesting and needing to verify, I'm afraid I can't give much direction here. I would advise contacting us, or reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter so that we can look more closely into the issue. Hopefully it's resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

mmhhav
New Community Member

I've tried the contact us option as well as the twitter option. No reply yet 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@mmhhav wrote:

I've tried the contact us option as well as the twitter option. No reply yet 😞

Hey @mmhhav,

Oh no! The wait can sometimes be a little long to get through. We work through our contacts in the order they're received to keep a fair response time for everyone. I appreciate your patience in the meantime!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

saraax

Hi!

Question about the $10 bonus for spending $100.... what types of purchases qualify? I paid my ebay fees, but it wasn't a retail purchase, so does it qualify?

Also my email stated one qualifying period but when I click for more info I see another. How can I get clarification on the period for my account?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@saraax wrote:

Hi!

Question about the $10 bonus for spending $100.... what types of purchases qualify? I paid my ebay fees, but it wasn't a retail purchase, so does it qualify?

Also my email stated one qualifying period but when I click for more info I see another. How can I get clarification on the period for my account?

Thanks!

Hi @saraax,

Thank you for joining the chat! Promotional offers do vary, and since we can't do account-specific assistance via the forum, I'll need your assistance to help me get to the bottom of which promotion you're requesting information about. Is there a link to terms and conditions in the email you received? Please reply with that information and I'll be happy to take a look at the details.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

saraax

Sure - see if this works: 

<removed>

Login to Me Too

saraax

join the two lines of text together to get the link...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@saraax wrote:

Sure - see if this works: 

<removed>

Hi @saraax,

Thanks! I was able to make that work. I removed the link to protect your email address since it's referenced there.

Use of the card to make a purchase is the requirement of the promotion. The payment of eBay fees is not likely to be classified as a purchase.

The offer period information that would apply is the information in the link you gave me, if there is differing information in the email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

emgo
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer filed a claim against me for item not received. PayPal ruled in his favor. I provided PayPal with pictures of the pickup receipt and a tracking number. I explained to PayPal that since the buyer paid for and arranged shipping it was the buyer's responsibility to have provided proper shipping insurance. I could not ask UPS to do anything because I did not pay or arrange the shipping. The tracking number showed it was picked up from my location. Again the buyer paid for and arranged shipping I have no control over this shipment because I did not pay for shipping. Yesterday I found out that UPS issued a check to the buyer for the lost shipment. Now the buyer has $410 from me and a check for some amount from UPS. Please call UPS and verify that I speak the truth and please, please explain to me how this buyer was able to receive a refund from me and a check from UPS.  It defies all logic.

UPS tracking Number 1Z8Y6F922642821486

PayPal Case number: PP-007-180-388-184

Thanks,

Ken <removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@emgo wrote:

A buyer filed a claim against me for item not received. PayPal ruled in his favor. I provided PayPal with pictures of the pickup receipt and a tracking number. I explained to PayPal that since the buyer paid for and arranged shipping it was the buyer's responsibility to have provided proper shipping insurance. I could not ask UPS to do anything because I did not pay or arrange the shipping. The tracking number showed it was picked up from my location. Again the buyer paid for and arranged shipping I have no control over this shipment because I did not pay for shipping. Yesterday I found out that UPS issued a check to the buyer for the lost shipment. Now the buyer has $410 from me and a check for some amount from UPS. Please call UPS and verify that I speak the truth and please, please explain to me how this buyer was able to receive a refund from me and a check from UPS.  It defies all logic.

UPS tracking Number 1Z8Y6F922642821486

PayPal Case number: PP-007-180-388-184

Thanks,

Ken <removed>

Hi @emgo,

That's definitely a difficult situation, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced. What decision UPS makes regarding a refund would be outside our hands, but I would advise appealing the decision on your case and providing the new information for review by us. You can appeal a case using the information listed here. Good luck with the appeal, and I hope everything is resolved amicably! 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.