PayPal Community Chat - August 22, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 22nd, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Armandg
Contributor
Contributor

HI,   This transaction was done on paypal only;   I recently received an item that was an imitation and not authentic. I confronted the seller and he disputed the item was real, back and forth we go and agreed to take the item back first before he refunds. I have opened a claim but I have NOT escalated.   My question is, should I escalate this claim first and then ship back? Or should I ship back and wait for his refund ? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Armandg wrote:

HI,   This transaction was done on paypal only;   I recently received an item that was an imitation and not authentic. I confronted the seller and he disputed the item was real, back and forth we go and agreed to take the item back first before he refunds. I have opened a claim but I have NOT escalated.   My question is, should I escalate this claim first and then ship back? Or should I ship back and wait for his refund ? 

Hi @Armandg,

Great question! The answer depends on how much time you have left - if you're close to the end of the escalation period, you may want to go through with escalating to ensure that if the seller gets the item back and you still have an issue (they won't refund, the package gets returned, etc.), you don't lose the opportunity to escalate later. If there's still a lot of time left and you can wait for shipping, you don't need to escalate the issue. Just make sure you have a tracking number for future reference in case you need it! 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

barbarar1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Armandg.

First of all, take pics and as keep as much information with you as possible, including any reciepts (esp when you send product back), also take a pic of that package, so that if the seller tries to lie, you can prove without a doubt to paypal that you are correct!

also if you are very close to escalate date, then do it! otherwise you can wait

also, I am not affiliate or work for paypal 🙂

Login to Me Too

barbarar1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

1) I cannot withdraw any money to my bank account!! Keep getting an error, tried 3 different browsers

2) I can't buy anything or send anyone any money, same error

3) I am getting emails (automated) by PayPal that tell me to update my tax info, but when I try, I get an error that says "

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@barbarar1 wrote:

Hello,

1) I cannot withdraw any money to my bank account!! Keep getting an error, tried 3 different browsers

2) I can't buy anything or send anyone any money, same error

3) I am getting emails (automated) by PayPal that tell me to update my tax info, but when I try, I get an error that says "

Hi @barbarar1,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you're having. It's possible that the requirement to update the tax information is creating an obstacle to withdrawing. It also sounds like there's a technical issue preventing that resolution. The key thing to do here would be to address the technical issue preventing resolution of the tax information, and then see if that resolves the ability to withdraw. 

Please report the technical issue by opening a ticket to request assistance from technicians. You've done all the right troubleshooting things on your own and you should list those steps taken in your ticket, so you're not asked to do them again.

I hope this helps get things resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JackGerber
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to get help.  I hope this is in the right place.  I would like to send money with Xoom.  My bank is in the U.S. and has been used for PayPal for many years but my address is in Canada where I live.  I want to send money to myself in Canada.  The address is the same for both account and the site will not accept the same address for both sender and receiver.  Is there any way around that?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@JackGerber wrote:

I am trying to get help.  I hope this is in the right place.  I would like to send money with Xoom.  My bank is in the U.S. and has been used for PayPal for many years but my address is in Canada where I live.  I want to send money to myself in Canada.  The address is the same for both account and the site will not accept the same address for both sender and receiver.  Is there any way around that?

Hey @JackGerber,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Xoom. 😞 Regrettably, that wouldn't be something we could assist with here, as you'll need to reach out to Xoom directly for help. You can contact them using the information here. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

mmhhav
New Community Member

Hi

My account got limited (again! for the second time), and I've submitted all my documents. I want to ask

(i) How long will it take for someone to review and de-limit my account

(ii) After verification once,why do you guys need to verify again? After this time, can I be asked to re verify everything again after 6 months or so (nothing has changed. my address,phone, ssn, etc etc is all the same! except i've grown older by 6 months!

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.