cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Closed

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open

Thank you for your reply. 

I am not able to send messages at the Help & Contact via my Paypal at the moment (I am not sure why). If it will be again possible for me I have to choose a topic to which is my problem related. I am not sure which one I should choose? I have tried to contact somebody about this already this way but only automatic reply was sent to me and no real reaction on my questions was sent to me. 

On the facebook support there is only an automat (?) responding to me but he does not give me a right option thru which I could ask if it can be allowed to close the old account. 

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open


@shneczek wrote:

Thank you for your reply. 

I am not able to send messages at the Help & Contact via my Paypal at the moment (I am not sure why). If it will be again possible for me I have to choose a topic to which is my problem related. I am not sure which one I should choose? I have tried to contact somebody about this already this way but only automatic reply was sent to me and no real reaction on my questions was sent to me. 

On the facebook support there is only an automat (?) responding to me but he does not give me a right option thru which I could ask if it can be allowed to close the old account. 


Hi @shneczek,

 

If you send through the email webform, I would suggest choosing Disputes and account limitations > Steps to resolve an account limitation. I realize that we've already established that the limitation would not be able to be resolved, but this is the closest you can get to the heart of the matter. 

 

The automated assistant is helpful in guiding through self-help options. If those options do not resolve the issue, select the option to chat with an agent. If you have requested to speak with an agent via Facebook PM, your message will be queued for response.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open

Thank you very much Olivia, you helped me a lot! 

Have a nice day, 

Jana 

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open


@shneczek wrote:

Thank you very much Olivia, you helped me a lot! 

Have a nice day, 

Jana 


Happy to help!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open

I just got changed over to a new summary page layout and don't really care for it.  Is there a way to switch back to the old look?  Also, the survey link and feedback link don't work on that new summary page, so I can't submit my feedback regarding the new look.

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open


@-Corey- wrote:

I just got changed over to a new summary page layout and don't really care for it.  Is there a way to switch back to the old look?  Also, the survey link and feedback link don't work on that new summary page, so I can't submit my feedback regarding the new look.


Hi @-Corey-,

 

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the new interface. I regret that it isn't possible to retain old interfaces. The old experience is not something people can opt to keep because it will no longer be supported.

 

I'm also sorry to hear about the feedback link. That can be reported to customer support so that it can be escalated to technicians to look into. If you would like to send an email using the webform, you can click Help & Contact to get there.

 

You can also post feedback in the Suggestions for PayPal board on the PayPal community. While these posts are not typically replied to, the information being there is helpful when product developers are looking for input.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open

Hello. My account was limited on August 2nd. The problem being that I cannot for the life of me figure out what policy I could have violated. Several emails (and many, many canned responses later), I finally got into contact with a representative willing to look into the matter for me. They could not find anything suspicious themselves and pushed information I gave them to AUP. I received an email response from AUP in the same form letter response I received from customer support. Ideally, I am looking to engage with someone to get this issue resolved. If it is truly irreversible, at the very least I would like to know what I could have possibly done to get my account locked. It has been a non-stop worry for me. Thank you for your time.
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open


@MagnusXL wrote:
Hello. My account was limited on August 2nd. The problem being that I cannot for the life of me figure out what policy I could have violated. Several emails (and many, many canned responses later), I finally got into contact with a representative willing to look into the matter for me. They could not find anything suspicious themselves and pushed information I gave them to AUP. I received an email response from AUP in the same form letter response I received from customer support. Ideally, I am looking to engage with someone to get this issue resolved. If it is truly irreversible, at the very least I would like to know what I could have possibly done to get my account locked. It has been a non-stop worry for me. Thank you for your time.

Hi @MagnusXL,

 

Limitations can definitely be frustrating. I apologize for the trouble getting through to us. In regards to limitations related to our Acceptable Use Policy, any information we are able to provide is included in the original email you receive when the account is restricted. I apologize, but I wouldn't be able to provide any additional information, and it's unlikely you'll be able to glean more details by contacting us over the phone or by email. I'm sorry for any confusion, but I hope you have a great rest of your day.

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open

I appreciate your response. It's mostly frustrating because all it says is "Access Use Policy violation" and doesn't actually give me any information. Looking over the AUP and the User Agreement, I can't imagine where there could have been a violation and no on from the AUP team will even give me the time of day. I can't address an issue I know literally nothing about when no one will actually talk to me.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Open

I tired to send money to somone and I was not allowed to I got the error message “Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.“ even though I have the money to do it.