PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 15th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

PayPal_Olivia

@Vanessam1723 wrote:
I tired to send money to somone and I was not allowed to I got the error message “Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.“ even though I have the money to do it.

Hi @Vanessam1723,

That's frustrating! I'm sorry to hear that your payment was not able to be made. It sounds like it's very possible that the security system declined the payment, or the methods that were available for the payment. When a payment is attempted, many factors are considered. If there is any indication of a potential problem, the payment may be declined. You can try the payment again later, or with a different payment method. I would recommend against trying too many times too quickly, however.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

praepotens

I have a verified phone number on my account but when I try to use my Paypal it asks me to add a phone number to verify. Help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@praepotens wrote:

I have a verified phone number on my account but when I try to use my Paypal it asks me to add a phone number to verify. Help?

Hi @praepotens,

Oh no! That sounds like a pain. 😞 I'm sorry you're dealing with the number not working. Does the phone show as verified in your profile? What happens if you try to add the phone during the verification process?

There are some phones that cannot be used to verify an account. This usually includes company phones under a business name, phones on a shared plan under someone else's name, or prepaid phones. If any of these apply to the phone you're trying to use, you won't be able to verify your identity that way, and you'll need to choose a different option if you have one.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ForeverKayla
Contributor
Contributor
When I recently tried to send money, I kept getting an error saying that I needed to verify my identity. Why am I just now hearing about this. I have used PayPal several times and never had to verify any of this information to send or receive money. I have to quickly send money to someone and this is holding me up and wasting my time. I just sent a picture of my permit license yesterday. They asked for my SSN and a bank statement i think. Do I need to send a picture of everything else or I can just choose one more option for verification?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@ForeverKayla wrote:
When I recently tried to send money, I kept getting an error saying that I needed to verify my identity. Why am I just now hearing about this. I have used PayPal several times and never had to verify any of this information to send or receive money. I have to quickly send money to someone and this is holding me up and wasting my time. I just sent a picture of my permit license yesterday. They asked for my SSN and a bank statement i think. Do I need to send a picture of everything else or I can just choose one more option for verification?

Hi @ForeverKayla,

I can definitely see why it would be confusing to be prompted for information when you weren't before. It sounds like you hit a threshold where it became necessary to verify identity. Here is some information regarding the need for this process. If you were asked for multiple items, it would be necessary to meet all of the requirements in order to progress.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Stefne913
Help! Your customer service is telling me that they have no clue why I can’t use my account and just not to use PayPal. They have further specified that NO ONE at PayPal can help me. Why is this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Stefne913 wrote:
Help! Your customer service is telling me that they have no clue why I can’t use my account and just not to use PayPal. They have further specified that NO ONE at PayPal can help me. Why is this?

Hi @Stefne913,

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like there could be a few issues. Does your account have any restrictions? It could also be related to our internal security preventing the purchase. Regrettably, I wouldn't be able to confirm anything without being able to see your account. I apologize, but your best option may be to reach us on Facebook or Twitter to see what information we can find. I hope the issue is resolved for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back Friday, August 17th at 4pm GMT, or next week on Wednesday, August 22nd at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.