PayPal Community Chat - August 15, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 15th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Zarra
Hi could someone help me get my money that paypal is holding?? My account has 250$ in it but I can’t transfer any money because it says my account has been limited for 180 days but I have no idea what I did wrong to be banned from doing anything for 180 days so if someone could help me resolve this it would be appreciated... customer service is terrible I waitied 1hr30min on hold and ended up just hanging up.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Zarra wrote:
Hi could someone help me get my money that paypal is holding?? My account has 250$ in it but I can’t transfer any money because it says my account has been limited for 180 days but I have no idea what I did wrong to be banned from doing anything for 180 days so if someone could help me resolve this it would be appreciated... customer service is terrible I waitied 1hr30min on hold and ended up just hanging up.

Hi @Zarra,

I'm so sorry to hear about the limitation on your account. If there is a limitation on your account that cannot be resolved, it would be permanent, but the funds would become available after 180 days has elapsed. If 180 days have already elapsed, then you should have received an email that details the methods by which the funds can be withdrawn. If you cannot find that email in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder.

I'm also sorry to hear about the hold time when calling customer service. You can also contact by email webform on the Help & Contact page, or by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Mwanzia
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i was wondering. I have an issue with my paypal account, i cant reverse the money i have in the account but i would like the money to go back from the sender, could you reverse it for me Paypal_Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Mwanzia wrote:

Hello, i was wondering. I have an issue with my paypal account, i cant reverse the money i have in the account but i would like the money to go back from the sender, could you reverse it for me Paypal_Olivia

Hey @Mwanzia,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble reversing your funds. 😞 Regrettably, moderators on the Community Forum are unable to take any kind of action related to a PayPal account, and we wouldn't want you to provide any account specific information over a public forum. Instead, the only options we would have would be for you to contact us, or reach out to our Facebook or Twitter team so that we can look into it and see what we can do. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mwanzia
Contributor
Contributor

okay will contact you via social media, thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Mwanzia wrote:

okay will contact you via social media, thanks.

Hey @Mwanzia,

Happy to help! Thanks for stopping by our chat, and I hope you have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

shneczek
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

my Paypal account has been limited. I got this message from Paypal: „We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that you were under 18 years old when you opened your PayPal account. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. From now on, you can't send or receive money with this account.“

It is seven years now after I signed up to Paypal and few years ago I have sent you a copy of my ID and there was no problem with it. On top of that when I registered at Paypal I did not know that I need to be above 18 years old so I have signed up one month before my 18 birthday (in the policy is that I cannot use the services when I am under 18 but I have only signed up not used it) but I believe I have used it after I was of age as I had to activate it with 4 digit number which I did on the day of my birthday. My first transaction (receiving of money) was on 17-5-2011 16:33 (Transaction ID: 8LU43906B2080245N) when I was already 18 years old.

I would like to ask why my account has been limited? And why now after so long time and when I am already seven years of age? I believe I have not done anything wrong as I have not used Paypal before my 18 birthday.

Can this be somehow solved? Or is it at least possible to delete my account and make a new one using the same email address? I have used this email for 7 years and it is not good to change it suddenly as people buying from me are familiar with this email address.

Best regards,

Jana 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@shneczek wrote:

Hello,

my Paypal account has been limited. I got this message from Paypal: „We've reviewed the documents you submitted and determined that you were under 18 years old when you opened your PayPal account. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal account. From now on, you can't send or receive money with this account.“

It is seven years now after I signed up to Paypal and few years ago I have sent you a copy of my ID and there was no problem with it. On top of that when I registered at Paypal I did not know that I need to be above 18 years old so I have signed up one month before my 18 birthday (in the policy is that I cannot use the services when I am under 18 but I have only signed up not used it) but I believe I have used it after I was of age as I had to activate it with 4 digit number which I did on the day of my birthday. My first transaction (receiving of money) was on 17-5-2011 16:33 (Transaction ID: 8LU43906B2080245N) when I was already 18 years old.

I would like to ask why my account has been limited? And why now after so long time and when I am already seven years of age? I believe I have not done anything wrong as I have not used Paypal before my 18 birthday.

Can this be somehow solved? Or is it at least possible to delete my account and make a new one using the same email address? I have used this email for 7 years and it is not good to change it suddenly as people buying from me are familiar with this email address.

Best regards,

Jana 

Hi @shneczek,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience encountered due to the limitation. You're correct that this should have been caught earlier, and for that I am also sorry. Had it been noticed earlier, the very same outcome would have been the result then. 

If you have been given the go-ahead to create a new account using a different email address, you can do so and then contact customer support to see if it can be allowed to close the old account so the old email address and financial information may be used. To contact customer service, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.