PayPal Community Chat - August 10, 2018 - Closed

PayPal_Martin

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our semi-weekly Community Chat on Friday, August 10th, from 4-5pm GMT.

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 4pm GMT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 5pm GMT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Martin.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Martin

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT and Friday from 4pm to 5pm GMT, so if you missed us this time, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

- Martin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

bubobih
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, i want to ask only 1 question. Im regular few years users. I have only 1 problem with paypal. Its on hold money. As i hear the cap is 10k. Its little much especial for regular users who make 50 100$ montly. Is there any other way to "verify" account to get loose my money to avaliable balance. Some ppl work with this money and 30 days hold its long time. Especial for users like me who didnt have any single problem or complain on my profile for years. Regarss
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @bubobih,

Welcome to our Community!

It seems your account is experiencing 30-day settlement holds. When you receive a payment, the money goes into a pending balance. Payments usually stay in your pending balance for 30 days. Payments in your pending balance belong to you, but you can’t use or withdraw them.

Login to Me Too

bubobih
Contributor
Contributor

I sent few times i even call over skype no luck for my account as u can see my account is totaly clear, not even 1 dispute i have also im a member from 2015 and i have perfect account.  

also:

• The number of chargebacks, disputes, and reversals you have had.   ( i didnt have even 1 dispute)
  • Selling and withdrawal patterns in your account. I dont understand this one
  • How long you’ve had your PayPal account. 2015
  • The type of goods and services you sell ( dont sell i just recive money for my work so nobody send and wait shipping)

So few times from help and support they say i need 10k cap. and a girl on skype phone say same thing. also last i send 20 30 days they didnt even reply.

Login to Me Too

pbtdance
Contributor
Contributor

Merchant account: I am using express checkout on my website. Many of my customers purchased our service from and there and performed successful checkout. For all of them payments were crated and I have saved their paymentId, payerID and token. These payments were not executed for weeks (payments were not claimed). Now when I try to execute these payments, I get an error says 404- Invalid resource id. (It succeeded for two such cases where the payments were made only 2 days before)

{
"name":"INVALID_RESOURCE_ID",
"message":"The requested resource ID was not found",
"information_link":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/payments/#errors",
"debug_id":"878378979aac7",
"httpStatusCode":404
}

Can I anyhow claim these payments which were made 1-5 weeks before ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @pbtdance,

In such incidencences, it is best that you contact our Merchant Technical Support team @PayPal_MTS or alternatively, you can contact them directly through the Technical Support website here https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/.

Once you sign up you can report the specific issue and an agent will provide you with some advice to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

ViduzZz

Hello there, just wanted to ask, how can I be protected if I'm selling digital goods on ebay. Got scammed recently and without a tracking number or other proof there was nothing I could do. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @ViduzZz

I am sorry to hear you have has a bad experience with some eBay buyers.  In such cases, you need to be very vigilant as your Sales might be targeted by these perpetrators. Here are some tips on how to take precautions as a Seller in order to improve Prevention.

Please make sure you respond to such cases with all the details on what you provided, how you delivered and possibly keep screenshots of interactions with your buyers.

If possible you should delay supplying goods or services when dealing with new buyers or buyers with bad feedback on eBay. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

ViduzZz

And what about Unauthorized use of buyer account? Basically what happened is that I sold my digital code, got money on paypal, send buyer his code and then he wrote "I will be contacting Ebay & PayPal regarding your fraudulent transaction. You somehow charged my account without me purchasing something." Later got an email from PayPal about a dispute going on. Ofcourse I failed to provide shipping info since it's a digital code and the other person got refunded. My question is what can I do to make myself eligible for Seller Protection if I'm selling digital codes? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.