PayPal Community Chat 4/25 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 25th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

iAfangsoup
Contributor
Contributor

Please, I have been unsuccessful at updating my primary email. Even called support, they were of little help. Any reason I am unable to add an email to my paypal acct and make it my primary?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@iAfangsoup wrote:

Please, I have been unsuccessful at updating my primary email. Even called support, they were of little help. Any reason I am unable to add an email to my paypal acct and make it my primary?

Hi @iAfangsoup!

Welcome to the Community Chat, and I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. It is possible that it may be active on another account which would prevent you from being able to add it. When you spoke with support, did they search for the email address in our system? 

Thank you!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

iAfangsoup
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for the prompt response . I am almost sure it isn't active on another acct , but no , they did not check that for me . Can you ? The email i want to confirm and update as my primary us ,<removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@iAfangsoup wrote:
Hi thanks for the prompt response . I am almost sure it isn't active on another acct , but no , they did not check that for me . Can you ? The email i want to confirm and update as my primary us , <removed> dot com

I am so sorry @iAfangsoup, I had to remove the email address from your post per our Community Rules and Guidelines. Unfortunately, this isn't something we can do on our forums, but feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. We'll be happy to help!

Thank you again!

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Seatuck
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Seatuck wrote:

Me Too!

Hi @Seatuck!

Please let us know what we can answer for you today. We're happy to help!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lupani
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a $ 10 account that was from when I was a minor and was associated with my father's ID and he unfortunately came to die and his ID was given as invalid has to pass to my new account ? being that I can not move myselbJrac5rt.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

@Lupani wrote:

Hello, I have a $ 10 account that was from when I was a minor and was associated with my father's ID and he unfortunately came to die and his ID was given as invalid has to pass to my new account ? being that I can not move myselbJrac5rt.png

Hello @Lupani, and I am truly sorry for your loss. If you are no longer a minor and can verify your account information, then we would need information on your father's passing in order to close the account. Here is a link that will help

Again, I am so sorry and hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Michelle

Login to Me Too

Seatuck
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ! I'm having trouble adding a credit card to my account. I'm getting a message saying We're sorry. We're not able to process your request. Try later. But this has been going on for a few days. When I email for help all I get are the instructions to link a card. Which I know how to do....Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Seatuck wrote:

Hi ! I'm having trouble adding a credit card to my account. I'm getting a message saying We're sorry. We're not able to process your request. Try later. But this has been going on for a few days. When I email for help all I get are the instructions to link a card. Which I know how to do....Thanks for your help

Hi @Seatuck,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having adding a credit card, and asking for help by email. I'm happy to help!

If you're in the US, here's a help center article about some of the issues that may exist with adding a credit card to your account. Please take a look and see if you can isolate what's happening and take the steps listed to resolve it. If you're in a different country, please let me know which and I will find the appropriate article for you.

Thank you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.