PayPal Community Chat 4/25 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 25th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

Today's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Forum User Agreement and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

keukaoutlet
Contributor
Contributor

My account access was limited after a dispute. I have went through all the steps except the one that says, "Check you primary email for more information". When I click resolve it just tells me to upload documents but doesn't tell me what to send you. So what am I supposed to send?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@keukaoutlet wrote:

My account access was limited after a dispute. I have went through all the steps except the one that says, "Check you primary email for more information". When I click resolve it just tells me to upload documents but doesn't tell me what to send you. So what am I supposed to send?

Hi @keukaoutlet,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear that the instructions you received are not clear.

If there's a step that tells you to check your email address for instructions, clicking resolve would only lead you to where you can complete those instructions once you've read them. It sounds like there is an email that was sent to you describing what type of documents need to be uploaded. Please check your email account, including the spam folder, and see if there's an email.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

keukaoutlet
Contributor
Contributor

I went and checked my email again and I got this email: Untitled picture3.jpg

I already changed my password and security questions and uploaded a proof of address document that was approved and a recent credit card statement too.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@keukaoutlet wrote:

I went and checked my email again and I got this email: Untitled picture3.jpg

I already changed my password and security questions and uploaded a proof of address document that was approved and a recent credit card statement too.

Hi @keukaoutlet,

I'm sorry, the image that you added here contained information not allowed in the community forum. 

If the other steps were completed but there are still steps that show they need to be completed before review, please reach out to customer support to ask them to make sure that the limitation is queued to be reviewed. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

anna4home

Hi Olivia,

We had a miscommunication in the family. My family member bought some games. I didn't know, figured the account was hacked, disputer charges. I followed my dispute request with e-mail to the customer service asking them to cancel the dispute, but it was too late/ It was resolved in my favor; money returned. However, because of this dispute, those gaming accounts are blocked. To unblock them, a reversal from paypal is required. How do I go about getting my dispute reverted?

Thanks,

Anna

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@anna4home wrote:

Hi Olivia,

We had a miscommunication in the family. My family member bought some games. I didn't know, figured the account was hacked, disputer charges. I followed my dispute request with e-mail to the customer service asking them to cancel the dispute, but it was too late/ It was resolved in my favor; money returned. However, because of this dispute, those gaming accounts are blocked. To unblock them, a reversal from paypal is required. How do I go about getting my dispute reverted?

Thanks,

Anna

Hi @anna4home,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding a payment. I'm glad to hear that you're trying so hard to make sure that this seller gets paid!

When you say that the accounts were blocked, do you mean that there is messaging saying that they cannot receive payments, or are the payments simply being declined with more general messaging?

If there is messaging specifically saying that the receiving account cannot receive payments right now, the owner of that account will have to complete steps to restore access.

If the payments are being declined for other reasons, the security system may be blocking the payments to prevent what it perceives as potential unauthorized use of the account. If you wait a significant amount of time (a day or more) and the system blocks the payment again, you may have to make arrangements to pay the seller outside of PayPal.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

anna4home

Olivia,

My kiddo paid some on-line gaming vendors (e.g. STEAM). I disputed the charge, paypal kindly refunded my money. As a result, STEAM blocked my kid's account. In order to unblock, they are requesting paypay to revert the dispute and to  return what my kid paid. Do you know how to do that?

Thanks,

Anna

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@anna4home wrote:

Olivia,

My kiddo paid some on-line gaming vendors (e.g. STEAM). I disputed the charge, paypal kindly refunded my money. As a result, STEAM blocked my kid's account. In order to unblock, they are requesting paypay to revert the dispute and to  return what my kid paid. Do you know how to do that?

Thanks,

Anna

Hi @anna4home,

Ah, my apologies. I misunderstood. I now understand that the merchant has blocked you (rather than PayPal blocking the payment to the merchant).

I regret that we cannot change the outcome of an unauthorized dispute that has been closed. If the merchant has questions regarding PayPal's ability to do so, they should be directed to contact PayPal. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.