PayPal Community Chat 4/18 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 18th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

calvintdm
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help, it seems you have no choice in the matter. I will still call paypal support as it is unacceptable to me that a business as big as yourself simply can do nothing to help sellers, and I guess it it true you favor the buyer. Have a great day, and I hope something can soon be revised that makes it possible for me to not take a $438 loss at your own hands. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@calvintdm wrote:

Thank you for your help, it seems you have no choice in the matter. I will still call paypal support as it is unacceptable to me that a business as big as yourself simply can do nothing to help sellers, and I guess it it true you favor the buyer. Have a great day, and I hope something can soon be revised that makes it possible for me to not take a $438 loss at your own hands. 

Hi @calvintdm,

I appreciate your thanks, especially since I know that this is frustrating. 

If you ever get a chargeback in the future, please read through this guide to see what steps you can take to aid us in fighting on your behalf. We do employ a team of folks to fight chargebacks to reduce the likelihood of losses. Even though loss in a situation of Not as Described is not covered by Seller Protection, the extra edge we provide by fighting chargebacks prevents those losses from occurring many times.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

lopezxanx

Hello, I need help with a question...

My PayPal account got limited like 2months ago, and its still limited. But the thing is that I bought a pair of sneakers and now I need to refund them because they weren’t my size... So i will send them to the shop and they should refund me on paypal, but the acc is still limited. Can i still get the refund?

Help please!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@lopezxanx wrote:

Hello, I need help with a question...

My PayPal account got limited like 2months ago, and its still limited. But the thing is that I bought a pair of sneakers and now I need to refund them because they weren’t my size... So i will send them to the shop and they should refund me on paypal, but the acc is still limited. Can i still get the refund?

Help please!

Hey @lopezxanx,

Great question! Even if your account is limited, you can receive a refund. If you paid with a bank, it will return to your PayPal balance. If you paid with a card, it should go back directly to the debit or credit card. You won't be able to withdraw a refund from your balance unless you resolve the limitation or wait the 180 days from the restriction date. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

lopezxanx

Hello Ashley, thanks for replying to me.

The thing is that 2months ago my PP account got limited, I sent all the info they asked me for and then they like "unlimited" it a bit, as I can send now money to another PP accounts and I can withdraw to bank too. Does that mean I'm unlimited? (The notification symbol is still up with the same limited pp message).

As you said, I won't be able to withdraw the refund...So what can I do? I will send the sneakers back to the shop and receive a refund that I won't be able to withdraw or send to another PP account? I don't understand it... that's unfair.

What can I do?????? I already sent the info to PP and I'm still limited (but as i said i can transfer and withdraw money)

Help!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@lopezxanx wrote:

Hello Ashley, thanks for replying to me.

The thing is that 2months ago my PP account got limited, I sent all the info they asked me for and then they like "unlimited" it a bit, as I can send now money to another PP accounts and I can withdraw to bank too. Does that mean I'm unlimited? (The notification symbol is still up with the same limited pp message).

As you said, I won't be able to withdraw the refund...So what can I do? I will send the sneakers back to the shop and receive a refund that I won't be able to withdraw or send to another PP account? I don't understand it... that's unfair.

What can I do?????? I already sent the info to PP and I'm still limited (but as i said i can transfer and withdraw money)

Help!!

Hi @lopezxanx,

Thanks for clarifying! If you have the ability to withdraw funds, then you should be all set. I'm unsure why you would still receive the notification of a limitation, and that would be something we would have to review with you directly to discuss the account specifically, which we don't want to do over a public forum for your security! I would advise contacting us to look into the limitation issue, and hopefully it will be a quick fix. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

lopezxanx

Yes, I received a message that I could link a CC and a Bank Account so I could withdraw my funds from my paypal account (but didn't try it). I just tried to send some funds to another accounts and it worked fine. So as you said, the refund i will get should work fine and withdrawable/transferable?

Seems like there's an issue in the part of "sending information" to verify my PP account and unlimit it. I wrote a wrong name and last name on my PP account and then I sent my "Identity Card" info, but as it's different (only the name; the birth date and everything is okay) it says it can't verify it. Help...

Also, can you contact me via Private Message so we can fix that issue with my PP account? Or where should I contact? Paypal Support seems to not be replying the messages.

PD.: if I get the refund and I can't withdraw or transfer it to another account? What can I do?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@lopezxanx wrote:

Yes, I received a message that I could link a CC and a Bank Account so I could withdraw my funds from my paypal account (but didn't try it). I just tried to send some funds to another accounts and it worked fine. So as you said, the refund i will get should work fine and withdrawable/transferable?

Seems like there's an issue in the part of "sending information" to verify my PP account and unlimit it. I wrote a wrong name and last name on my PP account and then I sent my "Identity Card" info, but as it's different (only the name; the birth date and everything is okay) it says it can't verify it. Help...

Also, can you contact me via Private Message so we can fix that issue with my PP account? Or where should I contact? Paypal Support seems to not be replying the messages.

PD.: if I get the refund and I can't withdraw or transfer it to another account? What can I do?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Hey @lopezxanx,

Unfortunately, if you used an incorrect name when creating the account, you wouldn't be able to remove the restriction. It sounds like we may have allowed you to withdraw money from the account, but I couldn't say for certain without discussing the account in particular. I would advise reaching out to us over Facebook or Twitter so that we can help identify what's going on and get everything sorted out. 

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

lopezxanx

Mmmm yeah I see, was a big fail as I used a username instead a name and last name. 😕

Also, I contacted you guys via Twitter @AskPayPal (pp support). How many time does it usually take?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@lopezxanx wrote:

Mmmm yeah I see, was a big fail as I used a username instead a name and last name. 😕

@ALSO, I contacted you guys via Twitter @AskPayPal (pp support). How many time does it usually take?

Hey @lopezxanx,

I'm glad to hear you've reached out on Twitter! It can sometimes take a bit for us to get back to customers, as we work through our messages in the order they're received. Hopefully, you'll hear back soon. If not, try sending us another message so that we can make sure we hear from you. Thank you!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.