PayPal Community Chat 4/18 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 18th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

psychopengy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not having a problem with my linked bank account, but I have a question. I linked my Pay Pal account to my Wells Fargo checking account. The other day I wanted to pay a vendor for a purchase. I wanted to use funds in my Pay Pal account, but there wasn't quite enough, so most of the money for the purchase would have come from my Pay Pal account, and the rest would be withdrawn from my Wells Fargo account. I couldn't quite remember when I linked the bank account whether the bank would charge for such a withdrawal. I asked a banker at Wells Fargo and she wasn't sure. She said it would depend on the type of withdrawal. Do you know if Wells Fargo charges for transfers or payments linked to a Pay Pal account that go to pay for a purchase? Do you know what kind of transfers/payments they are? Are they ACH or EFT transfers? Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@psychopengy wrote:

I'm not having a problem with my linked bank account, but I have a question. I linked my Pay Pal account to my Wells Fargo checking account. The other day I wanted to pay a vendor for a purchase. I wanted to use funds in my Pay Pal account, but there wasn't quite enough, so most of the money for the purchase would have come from my Pay Pal account, and the rest would be withdrawn from my Wells Fargo account. I couldn't quite remember when I linked the bank account whether the bank would charge for such a withdrawal. I asked a banker at Wells Fargo and she wasn't sure. She said it would depend on the type of withdrawal. Do you know if Wells Fargo charges for transfers or payments linked to a Pay Pal account that go to pay for a purchase? Do you know what kind of transfers/payments they are? Are they ACH or EFT transfers? Thanks for your help.

Hi @psychopengy,

Thank you for reaching out! I'm happy to answer your question about using a bank with PayPal.

Transfers to add funds to your PayPal account or to fund purchases through PayPal are processed as ACH transfers.

If you have a card listed as a backup payment method, the transaction will most likely be set up as an Instant Transfer, where the seller is paid immediately and we wait for the bank to fund the transaction in the background. If you do not have a backup payment method, it will be an eCheck, and the seller will not get the funds until the transfer clears. An eCheck payment would also bypass your balance, taking the full amount from the bank, so please make sure you check the details of the funding when you're clicking through the steps to set up a payment so you know what to expect.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

psychopengy
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that helps. Thanks, Olivia.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@psychopengy wrote:

Yes, that helps. Thanks, Olivia.

Happy to help! 🙂

Olivia

Login to Me Too

calvintdm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi paypal! On December 16, 2017, I sold a hoodie to one Jim Colliton for $408. The transaction was refunded on January 5th and I never received my hoodie back. I have contacted paypal support numerous times and I still have yet to receive my funds back from this scam. It has caused me many issues and I was even forced to pay a collections fee because of the negative balance caused by the refund, to a loss of $70 that you all payed the collection agency. PLEASE help me with compensation for this, I would be forever grateful if my money were returned.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@calvintdm wrote:

Hi paypal! On December 16, 2017, I sold a hoodie to one Jim Colliton for $408. The transaction was refunded on January 5th and I never received my hoodie back. I have contacted paypal support numerous times and I still have yet to receive my funds back from this scam. It has caused me many issues and I was even forced to pay a collections fee because of the negative balance caused by the refund, to a loss of $70 that you all payed the collection agency. PLEASE help me with compensation for this, I would be forever grateful if my money were returned.

Hi @calvintdm,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss that you experienced. Was there a dispute associated with this transaction, or was the refund given without a dispute? If there was a dispute, was it a PayPal dispute or a chargeback with the buyer's credit card company? In a Significantly Not as Described dispute, the buyer is asked to ship at their own expense and provide tracking that shows delivery back to the seller in order to get refunded. In a credit card chargeback, the card company may or may not require return of the item.

I'll be happy to help further once we narrow down what the circumstances were.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

calvintdm
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia Thank you for your quick response! The refund came without a dispute, and one of the paypal service agents I called told me that it was moved to an outside credit card company. I provided shipping that showed that the item was delivered, and the transaction went perfectly up until the refund. I have heard a few times on the community forums that for cases like these often paypal will provide compensation, so I really hope there is something that can be done, as it's now been 4 months and I have yet to receive any type of reimbursement for the ordeal.
Thank you again!
Calvin

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@calvintdm wrote:

@PayPal_Olivia Thank you for your quick response! The refund came without a dispute, and one of the paypal service agents I called told me that it was moved to an outside credit card company. I provided shipping that showed that the item was delivered, and the transaction went perfectly up until the refund. I have heard a few times on the community forums that for cases like these often paypal will provide compensation, so I really hope there is something that can be done, as it's now been 4 months and I have yet to receive any type of reimbursement for the ordeal.
Thank you again!
Calvin

Hi @calvintdm,

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like you're saying that there was a chargeback with the credit company. In that situation, PayPal does not have the ability to dictate the terms of the return, and a refund might be required even without return of the item. 😞

PayPal Seller Protection does offer protection for situations where the item was disputed as Not Received or the transaction was disputed as Unauthorized, provided that the requirements are met. In situations where the claim is Not as Described, there is no coverage.

I'm very sorry that this transaction resulted in a loss for you. While I'm afraid I can't give you the answer you're looking for with the transaction in question, that link above has some great tips for avoiding disputes and chargebacks in the future. 

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.