PayPal Community Chat 4/11 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 11th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

matsjo
Contributor
Contributor

HI!

I am unable to use my PayPal line of credit. I paid off my balance, and ever since then it has disappeared from my payment options and account. Whe I go to re-apply, it says I already have a line of credit, and can use it. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@matsjo wrote:

HI!

I am unable to use my PayPal line of credit. I paid off my balance, and ever since then it has disappeared from my payment options and account. Whe I go to re-apply, it says I already have a line of credit, and can use it. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi @matsjo,

Oh no! That definitely sounds frustrating. 😞 If you don't see the line of credit and aren't able to apply for another line, it's possible it may have been closed. The best option would be to contact us so that we can check on your credit line and see what status it's in and what options we have. Hopefully this issue is resolved for you soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

save1231
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited, and I can't confirm the credit cards on my account or provide statements for them because they are NOT credit cards, they are prepaid visa or mastercard gift cards that are NOT reloadable. I tried contacting customer service several times through email, but I keep receiving automated responses. I submitted all other documentation requested. How can I get help from a real person?

Login to Me Too

save1231
Contributor
Contributor

also, I threw away the cards because they have no money left on them so I don't know the card numbers anymore or remember where to log in for them or anything, because like i said they are not reloadable. When I open my wallet, it says the cards are prepaid, so why are you guys asking for statements and confirmation in the first place? I really think that is unfair and unnecessary given you guys already know they are prepaid cards and I have money in my account i need for rent and bills and can't access it. i feel like you guys just want to keep my money

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@save1231 wrote:

also, I threw away the cards because they have no money left on them so I don't know the card numbers anymore or remember where to log in for them or anything, because like i said they are not reloadable. When I open my wallet, it says the cards are prepaid, so why are you guys asking for statements and confirmation in the first place? I really think that is unfair and unnecessary given you guys already know they are prepaid cards and I have money in my account i need for rent and bills and can't access it. i feel like you guys just want to keep my money

Hi @save1231,

I understand your frustration and I hope my response to your prior post is helpful in getting the limitation resolved.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@save1231 wrote:

My account has been limited, and I can't confirm the credit cards on my account or provide statements for them because they are NOT credit cards, they are prepaid visa or mastercard gift cards that are NOT reloadable. I tried contacting customer service several times through email, but I keep receiving automated responses. I submitted all other documentation requested. How can I get help from a real person?

Hi @save1231.

I'm so sorry to hear about the obstacle to getting a limitation reviewed. The use of disposable credit cards is not typically recommended for a few reasons, including the one that you're encountering now. The use of prepaid cards is allowed, but some prepaid cards can be registered on the issuer's site with your name and address. If that step was completed, a statement would be obtainable.

If the responses via email have not been sufficient to address the situation, you may wish to contact through Facebook, Twitter, or phone. A representative can take a look at the situation and evaluate if the steps for resolution can be adjusted.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Seabrook2003
Contributor
Contributor

I need to talk with someone about a paypal credit payment not applied. How do I get in touch?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Seabrook2003 wrote:

I need to talk with someone about a paypal credit payment not applied. How do I get in touch?

Hi @Seabrook2003,

Great question! You can reach us by phone or email here, Facebook, or Twitter. I hope we're able to help, and have a great rest of your day!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.