PayPal Community Chat 3/7 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, March 7th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Help & Contact" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe.

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Sorry for the late thread,

I am wanting to know if there is a way that I can transfer funds faster from my bank account into my paypal account rather than having a 3-5 day wait? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey iGotItAtTarget,

Good question - there isn't a faster way to add money from your bank directly, as our time frames are based on a bank's processing time. We also offer PayPal CASH, although this is done through select retail stores and would not be directly from your bank. This service also includes a fee. Hopefully this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

bhelios
New Community Member

I just had an eBay buyer lose a case in my favor on eBay for item not as described. However he came right to PayPal and despite the same evidence eBay had and despite the closed eBay case, he won on PayPal and returned to me an empty box for a refund. Why can buyers open claims with PayPal after losing claims on eBay? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey bhelios,

That definitely sounds frustrating, and I understand how having multiple cases opened for a transaction can be an inconvenience. Because PayPal and eBay are separate companies, we both offer our own buyer and seller protection, meaning cases can be opened separately with each of us. 

In this case, it sounds like you had a Significantly Not As Described case, in which we require buyers to return their items for refunds. As a seller, you either receive back the item you sent, or keep the money you were paid. If the buyer sent back an empty box, I encourage you to file an appeal on your case to let us know what happened and allow us to investigate further. Hopefully this information helps, and good luck with your appeal!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Streaming

I want to change my Paypal.me link - The paypal account allows me to have 2 email addresses attached, why can't I have 2 paypal.me links? Is there a way to create a new one or edit the old one? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Streaming,

Great question! Regrettably, there isn't a way to change your PayPal.me link at this time. Once you choose a link, the only option would be to cancel it. You can find more information on PayPal.me here. This may be something we look into and offer in the future, but unfortunately it's not available at this time. 😞 I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Streaming

you guys have been saying that since 2015. 

/t5/Sending-and-receiving-money/Change-PayPal-me-Url/td-p/1010207

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Streaming,

I understand, and we appreciate your feedback on this feature. I'll pass your concerns along and hopefully this is something we'll see in the near future. I hope you have a great rest of your day!

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, March 7th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.