PayPal Community Chat 3/7 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, March 7th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Help & Contact" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe.

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Wednesday Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

HWA2014
Contributor
Contributor
I have an old PayPal account that I would like to have my bank removed from, due to the fact it is no longer in use, and locked thanks to my ex fiancé who had overstaffed it, and never paid the balance to bring it out of the red... Is this possible?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi HWA2014,

Great question! I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your bank and PayPal account.

If there is a negative balance on an account in your name, that balance will have to be resolved. Opening a new account while there is an old account with issues on it is not permitted. Once that balance is resolved, you will be able to either use the old account, or close it and use the bank account on the new account.

I hope this helps.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

zizzle187
Contributor
Contributor

Hello when i have security prompting to login. It isnt listing my confrimed number so i can validate myself. How do i fix this??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi zizzle187,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue authenticating at login. In a situation where the number listed is not a valid number anymore, a call to customer support would be needed to validate identity and have a representative manually edit the number. To get the number to call, please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page and then Contact customer service, and then Call us, and then choose to call as a guest.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

zizzle187
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i have tried this but hate the 40 min waiting time on hold a bit crazy . But thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi zizzle187,

I'm sorry about the hold time. Smiley Sad I appreciate your feedback about that.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Viceliza
Contributor
Contributor
I have been hounding on twitter and no luck. My account has been limited (medium) since Sunday morning. It said 2 days once I submit the documents. I’ve heard nothing back at all. I need to withdraw the balance for up coming bills
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Viceliza,

I'm sorry to hear about the restriction, I know waiting for these situations to be resolved can be frustrating. The two-day time frame is an estimate, and I apologize for the inconvenience, but if you haven't heard back it means we're still reviewing your submissions. As soon as the case is resolved, you'll receive an email notification and should be able to withdraw your funds at that time. You can always contact us in the meantime to see if we can take a look at the case over the phone for you. Thanks for your patience while we work through the cases.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.