cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Closed

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open


@pinkm0827 wrote:

There are over 600 listing on ebay offering paypal as payment for cbd products.   Paypal might want to re evaluate their policy on a 100% legal supplement as deemed by the supreme court of the united states in 2005 in DEA vs. Dr. Bronners soaps.       Wanted to be sure about paypal as we are selling hemp oil and are searching a payment portal.  Thank you.  

 


Hi @pinkm0827,

 

We appreciate that feedback! Thank you for letting us know.

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open

Hi, i have a question
Why is automatic withdrawal every month is not available in Egypt and how you compensate members for this ?

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open


@AndrewMamdouh wrote:

Hi, i have a question
Why is automatic withdrawal every month is not available in Egypt and how you compensate members for this ?


Hi @AndrewMamdouh,

 

Great question - different countries have different regulations on what PayPal can and cannot do regarding moving money and access to financial information or accounts. This means some features may not be compatible with certain countries. We do work with governments to try to help customers in these countries gain access to these features, and it may be something that's available in Egypt in the future, however it's not an option at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 😞

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open

Hi!

We're using this DLL (Payflow_dotNET.dll) for processing payments in .NET. We have a special situation where we are accepting payments to be transmitted directly to our client's Paypal accounts instead of to our own. I'd brought up in a previous forum whether there was a RESTful API roadmap for this situation and recently a moderator introduced us to "PayPal for Marketplaces" so we're looking into that as a upgrade from what we're doing now. However, our timeframe probably will extend past June so we need to verify whether our current DLL will operate properly with Paypal post-May.

 

Here is the DLL info:
Payflow.dotNET.dll (Payflow SDK for .NET)
4.3.1.0
Copyright 2009 PayPal Inc.
176 KB

 

I couldnt see an upgrade to this DLL anywhere as it looks like everything has been deprecated in favor of RESTful API-reliant enviroments. Our Windows Server currently supports TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2. We would like to keep TLS 1.0 on the server for a little while longer as some of our client's have not been able to upgrade their services past 1.0...this can be worked around but we'd like to know if this DLL will automatically negotiate at the highest supported TLS version.

 

When we tested the server by opening the test url (https://tlstest.paypal.com) on the server in a browser, we got back PayPal_Connection_OK. But this doesn't really test the DLL, and might really only apply as a test for RESTful API implementations imo.

Thanks!

 

Update: I just found what looks to be an updated version of our DLL

https://github.com/paypal/sdk-packages/tree/gh-pages/payflow-gateway/dotnet

Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open


@cmrdev wrote:

Hi!

We're using this DLL (Payflow_dotNET.dll) for processing payments in .NET. We have a special situation where we are accepting payments to be transmitted directly to our client's Paypal accounts instead of to our own. I'd brought up in a previous forum whether there was a RESTful API roadmap for this situation and recently a moderator introduced us to "PayPal for Marketplaces" so we're looking into that as a upgrade from what we're doing now. However, our timeframe probably will extend past June so we need to verify whether our current DLL will operate properly with Paypal post-May.

Here is the DLL info:
Payflow.dotNET.dll (Payflow SDK for .NET)
4.3.1.0
Copyright 2009 PayPal Inc.
176 KB

I couldnt see an upgrade to this DLL anywhere as it looks like everything has been deprecated in favor of RESTful API-reliant enviroments. Our Windows Server currently supports TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2. We would like to keep TLS 1.0 on the server for a little while longer as some of our client's have not been able to upgrade their services past 1.0...this can be worked around but we'd like to know if this DLL will automatically negotiate at the highest supported TLS version.

When we tested the server by opening the test url (https://tlstest.paypal.com) on the server in a browser, we got back PayPal_Connection_OK. But this doesn't really test the DLL, and might really only apply as a test for RESTful API implementations imo.

Thanks!


Hi @cmrdev,

 

Thank you for joining the community. I'm afraid the issue that you're encountering is one that will require the assistance of folks better versed in integration. There are a couple of options. You can look for answers that already exist or post a question in the Merchant Integration Technical Support Community, or you can reach out to Merchant Technical Support for assistance.

 

I hope this helps!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open

Hi
 I had to create another account so I can report that my first account has been hacked and I had received an email from pay pal saying that my email had been changed  to the hackers email which was on Saturday. so when I tried to log in with my email and password it said that my email did not exist can you help me?

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Open


@Spartan813 wrote:

Hi
 I had to create another account so I can report that my first account has been hacked and I had received an email from pay pal saying that my email had been changed  to the hackers email which was on Saturday. so when I tried to log in with my email and password it said that my email did not exist can you help me?


Hi @Spartan813,

 

That's definitely a concern! If you no longer have access to the account, you'll want to reach out to us by phone, on Facebook, or on Twitter so that we can help get everything sorted on your original account and ensure any unauthorized activity is reported and investigated. I hope this is resolved for you soon!

 

- Ashley M


If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: PayPal Community Chat - 3/14 - Closed

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session!  

 

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

 

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next week on Wednesday, March 7th at 1pm PT. We'd love to meet you!

 

See you then!

 

Olivia

 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.