PayPal Community Chat 2/7 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 7th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. 🙂 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

TheLoveGeneral
Contributor
Contributor

I have an online store and I am using PayPal Express Checkout. My store had its first sale come to find out I haven't received my money because the email address I had tied to my store was misspelled by one letter. I contacted Shopify support they walked me through how to change the account and route my store correctly to my PayPal (Which I've since done). They are now telling me to contact you and see if I may receive my payments to the correct email address and account. I can send screenshotted proof of the conversation I had with Shopify customer support if needed. I can also send proof of the sale if need be also!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

wrote:

I have an online store and I am using PayPal Express Checkout. My store had its first sale come to find out I haven't received my money because the email address I had tied to my store was misspelled by one letter. I contacted shopify support they walked me through how to change the account and route my store correctly to my paypal (Which I've since done). They are now telling me to contact you and see if I may receive my payments to the correct email address and account. I can send screenshotted proof of the conversation I had with shopify customer support if needed.

Hey @TheLoveGeneral,

That definitely sounds frustrating - in this case, there would be two options: to contact us so that we can help with adding the incorrect email address to your PayPal account so that you receive the payment, or to have your buyer cancel the unclaimed transaction from their side and send it again. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TheLoveGeneral
Contributor
Contributor

contact through phone or???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @TheLoveGeneral,

Great question - you can contact by phone using the link above, Facebook, or Twitter! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Hi, I'm reading about this instant transfer from your bank, but I don't seem to have it on my account.  I have both a checking and my debit card on file but when I choose to send funds to a friend it's taking almost 5 days.  How can I get the instant transfer on my account?

Login to Me Too

TheLoveGeneral
Contributor
Contributor

If you're like me and this is your first ever transaction through paypal, It delays on your first transactions but after that, you get instant transfers. My first transaction took 6 days, after that first one, I've been able to send money immediately.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

wrote:

Hi, I'm reading about this instant transfer from your bank, but I don't seem to have it on my account.  I have both a checking and my debit card on file but when I choose to send funds to a friend it's taking almost 5 days.  How can I get the instant transfer on my account?

Hi @khenderson2004,

Thank you for joining our chat! I'm sorry to hear that instant transfer payments are not being offered to you as a funding option. When a payment is attempted through PayPal, all the factors that are associated with that payment are looked at by the security system. If the system determines that a funding method cannot be used for that payment, it will be ruled out. It's possible that the debit card you have selected is not being approved as a backup funding option for the payment. An approved backup funding method is needed to make a bank-funded payment as an instant transfer rather than an eCheck. You might try adding a credit card to see if that can be used as a backup funding method on your bank-funded transfers. It may change the parameters enough that you will be able to send instant transfers.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Yes, it does.  Another quick question, could the backup method change depending on the current circumstances?  For example, if my bank card had enough funds to cover, let's say a $10.00 transfer then I will get the instant transfer.  However, if I don't have enough funds to cover the $10.00 transfer then I won't get the option, correct?    Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

wrote:

Yes, it does.  Another quick question, could the backup method change depending on the current circumstances?  For example, if my bank card had enough funds to cover, let's say a $10.00 transfer then I will get the instant transfer.  However, if I don't have enough funds to cover the $10.00 transfer then I won't get the option, correct?    Thanks again.

Hi @khenderson2004,

Great question! PayPal doesn't have information about the balances on your bank or card, so approval wouldn't be based on that. There are a lot of other factors though, some of which I'm not actually privy to, that go into that evaluation. A payment that is declined or has one portion declined (like the backup funding, or the available funding options) can be tried at another time, or with a different payment method.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Osor113
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So i returned item to the seller that i bought and was unhappy with it, cause seller sent bad quality item and etc... Anyway, i returned it and it shows on track website that it's received, but i have this text on my case (claim) "We'll contact you with any developments or if we require additional information from you by Feb 3, 2018." i mean february passed long time ago, whats now, i'm confused?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.