PayPal Community Chat 2/28 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 28th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

elise_depy

Hi PayPal,

I've been a customer of yours for a few years but I recently found out that you don't give equal access to your services! Can you please explain why you discriminate against Palestinians by not allowing some to use your services? #PayPal4Palestine

Thanks,

Elise

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@elise_depy wrote:

Hi PayPal,

I've been a customer of yours for a few years but I recently found out that you don't give equal access to your services! Can you please explain why you discriminate against Palestinians by not allowing some to use your services? #PayPal4Palestine

Thanks,

Elise

Hi @elise_depy,

Great question - here's some information on country availability to PayPal. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

Why is the "Add Cash" at a store via Green Dot still down after 5 days?  This is an essential feature for those who don't have or don't want to link a bank account or CC to add funds to their PP account and it seems Paypal is not addressing the problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Planetary wrote:

Why is the "Add Cash" at a store via Green Dot still down after 5 days?  This is an essential feature for those who don't have or don't want to link a bank account or CC to add funds to their PP account and it seems Paypal is not addressing the problem.

Hey @Planetary,

I'm sorry to hear the PayPal Cash feature isn't working. Could you please explain the process you're taking when trying to do this in store, and the error that's being encountered so that I can try to help? Thank you!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Planetary
Contributor
Contributor

The link to the "Add Cash" feature goes to an error page instead of the steps to generate a bar code which allows a participating store to deposite funds to a Paypal users account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Planetary wrote:

The link to the "Add Cash" feature goes to an error page instead of the steps to generate a bar code which allows a participating store to deposite funds to a Paypal users account.

Hey @Planetary,

Thanks for that information. I apologize, but without details regarding the error you receive, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to provide much guidance regarding this. We may be aware of and actively working on the issue, but I would advise contacting us by phone, Facebook, or Twitter so that we can take a look at this more directly. I apologize I wasn't able to provide any additional information. Hopefully the issue is fixed soon.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

dwilson431
Contributor
Contributor

I just had a claim reopen which had been closed on Feb 20th in my (seller) favor.  The buyer is returning, and didn't provide a tracking number before the date given by Paypal.  They have now appealed because they have now sent out the item.  Is it likely the original ruling will be overturned?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@dwilson431 wrote:

I just had a claim reopen which had been closed on Feb 20th in my (seller) favor.  The buyer is returning, and didn't provide a tracking number before the date given by Paypal.  They have now appealed because they have now sent out the item.  Is it likely the original ruling will be overturned?

Hi @dwilson431,

Good question - when it comes to disputes related to items that are not as described, once a case is decided in a seller's favor, we won't take the funds again. This means, even if we overturn the decision (due to the buyer providing new evidence or PayPal's error), we would pay the buyer out of our own pocket and you would keep the funds you'd already won in the previous decision. 

Regarding overturning the decision, if a buyer provides tracking that shows the item was shipped before the case was closed, we may change the ruling on the case, but the information above still applies. If a buyer ships an item after the case is closed due to them not providing the requested information, we would deny their appeal.

I hope this answers your questions! Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

Isaiahking10
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I literally just joined this community because I wanted to talk about something that I believe PayPal and it's customers would benefit from.

Yesterday I tried to send some money to my in-laws that live in El Salvador. I was doing this through PayPal's money transfer app called XOOM. The max that I could send them was $2,999. Although that's less than what I actually wanted to send, I just thought I would just do another transaction the next day. That was before I noticed the extremely high transaction fee. Xoom was charging me around $35 to send via a bank account, or $92 to send with a debit card. That is ridiculous, especially since I'm paying all of that money just for it to be settled 3 days from now.  So basically I just wanted to know if the PayPal company is currently working on a solution to this.

How could they make it cheaper? There are solutions out there. It's 2018 and technology is expanding at an exponential rate. Ever heard of Ripple? They're currently working to solve this problem. Their goal is to make cross border money transfers cheaper and faster, and they're doing this by using their developed cryptocurrency called XRP. As of right now, Ripple offers 3 products that assist companies in transferring money more efficiently, and they are far superior than the current SWIFT system that some companies are still using. Two of the most popular products are called xCurrent and xRapid.  Companies that are using xCurrent are experiencing cost savings of up to 33%. The thing is, that isn't even enough for them because they're now testing the xRapid product which directly uses the XRP token to realize a cost savings of up to 42% (during high volatility of the XRP value) and 60% during low volatility. On top of that, payments, throughout the entire process from start to finish, settle between 3-4 seconds. Not 3 days. 

Basically I just want to know if PayPal has or currently is considering using this method to not only benefit themselves, but their customers as well. Ripple is gaining new partnerships every week, including Moneygram, Mercury FX, IDT, and Western Union. Western Union is actually testing xRapid as we speak. PayPal needs to get with the program or they'll be left behind. More and more customers are dissatisfied with the service everyday, and it doesn't seem like they're working on improving that at all atm. 

I've been a PayPal customer for  while now. I just want to know if anyone could tell us that PayPal is planning on at least talking with Ripple or what. If not, I hope this message can be referred to anyone that does know.

Thanks for your time,

Isaiah

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@Isaiahking10 wrote:

Hey everyone,

I literally just joined this community because I wanted to talk about something that I believe PayPal and it's customers would benefit from.

Yesterday I tried to send some money to my in-laws that live in El Salvador. I was doing this through PayPal's money transfer app called XOOM. The max that I could send them was $2,999. Although that's less than what I actually wanted to send, I just thought I would just do another transaction the next day. That was before I noticed the extremely high transaction fee. Xoom was charging me around $35 to send via a bank account, or $92 to send with a debit card. That is ridiculous, especially since I'm paying all of that money just for it to be settled 3 days from now.  So basically I just wanted to know if the PayPal company is currently working on a solution to this.

How could they make it cheaper? There are solutions out there. It's 2018 and technology is expanding at an exponential rate. Ever heard of Ripple? They're currently working to solve this problem. Their goal is to make cross border money transfers cheaper and faster, and they're doing this by using their developed cryptocurrency called XRP. As of right now, Ripple offers 3 products that assist companies in transferring money more efficiently, and they are far superior than the current SWIFT system that some companies are still using. Two of the most popular products are called xCurrent and xRapid.  Companies that are using xCurrent are experiencing cost savings of up to 33%. The thing is, that isn't even enough for them because they're now testing the xRapid product which directly uses the XRP token to realize a cost savings of up to 42% (during high volatility of the XRP value) and 60% during low volatility. On top of that, payments, throughout the entire process from start to finish, settle between 3-4 seconds. Not 3 days. 

Basically I just want to know if PayPal has or currently is considering using this method to not only benefit themselves, but their customers as well. Ripple is gaining new partnerships every week, including Moneygram, Mercury FX, IDT, and Western Union. Western Union is actually testing xRapid as we speak. PayPal needs to get with the program or they'll be left behind. More and more customers are dissatisfied with the service everyday, and it doesn't seem like they're working on improving that at all atm. 

I've been a PayPal customer for  while now. I just want to know if anyone could tell us that PayPal is planning on at least talking with Ripple or what. If not, I hope this message can be referred to anyone that does know.

Thanks for your time,

Isaiah

Hi @Isaiahking10,

Thank you for your feedback regarding a product that you would like to see integrated with PayPal. While we will not be able to discuss any future plans, we appreciate the interest in new features.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.