cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Community Chat 2/21 - Closed

Re: PayPal Community Chat 2/21 - Open

@ahernandez15 wrote:
Would I be able to just change the name on my account?

Hi @ahernandez15,

That's a great question. Typically, a name change from one name to another is not possible, because it cannot usually be discerned whether it is a fictitious name or an actual person's name, and we do not allow a transfer of account ownership from one person to another. The only reasons a name change is supposed to be completed is for legal name changes or misspellings. You can always give it a shot by following these steps

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

I did that three days ago, and no one has gotten back to me. I've emailed, messages, and went through all of the procedures. No response.
Contributor

I just want the fastest way to get my money back.

@ahernandez15 wrote:
I just want the fastest way to get my money back.

Hi @ahernandez15,

The best way would be to authorize the refund and arrange repayment through other means. A name change that is not for the reasons I stated previously is not very likely to be approved, and then you would be back to square one. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Contributor

Okay but I've been using the message feature on my account and no one has gotten back to me in several days.

@ahernandez15 wrote:
Okay but I've been using the message feature on my account and no one has gotten back to me in several days.

Hi @ahernandez15,

I'm sorry to hear that. The emails are queued to be answered in the order received. You can also reach out by Facebook, Twitter, or by phone (Help & Contact at the bottom of any page, Contact customer service, Call us) once you've emailed authorization, and a representative can look for that written authorization and expedite the process. 

Olivia

Contributor

Great! I just sent a message! Can someone reply? Thank you! Smiley Happy

@ahernandez15 wrote:
Great! I just sent a message! Can someone reply? Thank you! Smiley Happy

Hi @ahernandez15,

I'm sorry, but we're unable to provide account-specific assistance via the forums. Please contact customer support via the options I provided above.

I hope this is resolved swiftly!

Olivia

How do I open a second PayPal dispute (for non delivery) after the first (unauthorized use of account) was denied?

Tags (1)

@galtroark wrote:

How do I open a second PayPal dispute (for non delivery) after the first (unauthorized use of account) was denied?

Hello @galtroark,

Great question! When a dispute is opened as unauthorized, you will not be able to open a second dispute in the Resolution Center. However, customer service may be able to open it on your behalf. You can reach customer service by clicking Help & Contact and sending an email with the payment details and the reason for the second dispute. 

Lisa