PayPal Community Chat 2/14 - Closed

PayPal_Ashley

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, February 14th, from 1-2 pm PT (4-5 pm ET).

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

How Community Chat works:

The chat opens at 1 pm PT. Once the chat is open, PayPal Community members may participate and ask questions by using the "Reply to topic" button.

In order to post in the chat, you must be a PayPal Community member. If you'd like email updates on the chat, click the "Options" menu and select Subscribe. Smiley Happy 

During the chat, PayPal Moderators will answer general PayPal questions in real-time. 

At 2 pm PT, the chat will close and lock. Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the following hour.

Please feel free to RSVP to the chat by clicking "Me too" at the bottom of this post.  See you then!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everybody!

This week's Wednesday Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal. We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 1pm to 2pm PT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

CWRU
Contributor
Contributor

I have a reporting/sftp question. Is this the right place to ask for chat help? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@CWRU wrote:

I have a reporting/sftp question. Is this the right place to ask for chat help? 

Hi @CWRU,

Welcome to the chat! I'd be happy to answer any general questions about PayPal. Taking a look at your other post, I think the subject matter might be better directed to our Merchant Integration Technical Support Community, however. I want to make sure you get an answer from the folks most knowledgeable in the topic!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Homegr0wn
Contributor
Contributor

My account has been limited because I received funds from my WIFE. We've transferred money back and forth multiple times in the past without incident, but now the money for our mortgage payment is being held because of some silly PayPal policy. I'm even being asked to show an invoice for the "sale" when there never was a sale. 

I submitted everything and this should have been remedied pretty quickly, but nothing has been reviewed. 

What gives? This makes me never want to use PayPal ever again. It's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

TraderPaul
New Community Member

I feel for you.  PayPals policies need to be reviewed/

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

@Homegr0wn wrote:

My account has been limited because I received funds from my WIFE. We've transferred money back and forth multiple times in the past without incident, but now the money for our mortgage payment is being held because of some silly PayPal policy. I'm even being asked to show an invoice for the "sale" when there never was a sale. 

I submitted everything and this should have been remedied pretty quickly, but nothing has been reviewed. 

What gives? This makes me never want to use PayPal ever again. It's ridiculous.

Hi @Homegr0wn,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble with the payment being held, that definitely sounds frustrating and I'll provide any information I can. Although we can't discuss the details here, based on the information you've provided it sounds like your wife may have sent the payment as a transaction for goods and services as opposed to friends and family. If we're requesting an invoice, it's because we want to know what you're selling, which would mean you're the merchant in the transaction and you were charged a fee.

As far as the limitation goes, I would advise contacting us so that we can ensure the restriction is resolved as quickly as possible. I hope this is resolved for you soon! Have a great rest of your day. 

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

CWRU
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to setup paypal for use with our entire University. We are trying to figure out how to make a Child/Parent account setup work for our needs. I think I can make it work with our accounting system now that I have SFTP access to pull reports. However the reports dont have enough detail to be useful to identify the transaction originator (department). I see that it used to be possible to subscribe to the reports and even specify that they show up on the sftp server from the user dashboard. That option apparently doesn't work any more. I need a work around or some guidance on how to make this happen.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@CWRU wrote:

I am trying to setup paypal for use with our entire University. We are trying to figure out how to make a Child/Parent account setup work for our needs. I think I can make it work with our accounting system now that I have SFTP access to pull reports. However the reports dont have enough detail to be useful to identify the transaction originator (department). I see that it used to be possible to subscribe to the reports and even specify that they show up on the sftp server from the user dashboard. That option apparently doesn't work any more. I need a work around or some guidance on how to make this happen.

Hi @CWRU,

The Merchant Integration Technical Support Community does seem like the right solution for community-based help on your question. Another alternative is you can open a ticket directly to Merchant Technical Support through this portal.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

MP_admin
Contributor
Contributor

I want our list of customers, which looks like it should be available through More>Customers.  However, one gets first only 20 customers (starting with Z last name), and one can add 20 more 6 times, giving max 140.  How can one get the full list since 2013 as promised: "All Customers(Customers with transactions from Jan 1, 2013 to Feb 14, 2018)"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.