PayPal Community Chat 11/6 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, November 6th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Frank wrote:

It sounds like we should go for a Pollception. 🙂

So, here's a funny - even though I knew what you were talking about, my eyes initially read that word as "Pollcepticon", and all I could imagine were transforming robot survey administrators with malicious intent.

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Drone77
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted, really, to pick people's brains on a situation that occurred recently.

I got scammed, but that part is not of much importance. The reason I'm here is to make some lasting record of a problem that may occur for some people.

Here's the crux of it: if you find yourself returning an item for any reason - say, because the item was not as described - as part of a PayPal Claim (an escalated Dispute, in PayPal lexicon), avoid using Canada Post Regular and Express Parcel. I'm not sure of their other shipping methods, but these two don't include any way the 'ship-to' address can be verified, short of having the box itself, in your possession. The warning can be put thusly; failing to provide verification of the ship-to address, within the limited-bordering-on-insulting timeframe, could lead to the loss of your Claim/reimbursement.

Login to Me Too

Drone77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank.

Ya. These things miff me sometimes, and yet I can understand that they design such polls to cater to a generation obsessed with their own opinions, so I'm not really sure who deserves the cynicism. 🙂

I'm curious to know if I've missed some PayPal best-practices guideline/FAQ/blog somewhere that would have helped me through the situation I posted about above.

(sorry if you're already a few steps ahead of me... I type slowly.)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Drone77,

Thanks for bringing your question to us, and for participating in the icebreaker. 🙂 Frank is looking into your question and will have an answer for you shortly.

bikemapdude - We're still looking into your question and will have a response shortly. Thank you for your patience!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Drone77
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, thanks Olivia.

I don't know if I've explained that situation quite clearly enough. I assume it would be better to just start a new post about it, but I'll add this:

- If the parcel is not accepted, or wasn't claimed, Canada Post policy is to send the parcel back (return to sender - RTS.) As of the day the parcel begins its homeward journey, PayPal issues verification of the ship-to address.

- As mentioned, the ship-to address can only be obtained from the package itself. This, coupled with the fact that the deadline given was 72 hours - 24 hours shy of the time it took for the package to get there - sets up a no-win situation.

Any way, if Frank got the gist of it from my previous, vaguish post, you guys are really whip-smart.

Login to Me Too

Drone77
Contributor
Contributor

@Drone77 wrote:

...As of the day the parcel begins its homeward journey, PayPal issues verification of the ship-to address.

Whoops! That should read "... PayPal issues a request for verification of the ship-to address." 🙂 Apologies.

Thanks, Frank. I did get my money back. All but the return and RTS shipping fees. That's Fate's way of getting this lesson to stick.

I should include the work-around here... but I can't. Time's up. Man! I'm a slow typer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@Drone77 wrote:

@Drone77 wrote:

...As of the day the parcel begins its homeward journey, PayPal issues verification of the ship-to address.

Whoops! That should read "... PayPal issues a request for verification of the ship-to address." 🙂 Apologies.

Thanks, Frank. I did get my money back. All but the return and RTS shipping fees. That's Fate's way of getting this lesson to stick.

I should include the work-around here... but I can't. Time's up. Man! I'm a slow typer.

Hi Drone,

I'm very glad to hear you received a refund. 🙂

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope we'll see you around the community in the future.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@Drone77 wrote:

I wanted, really, to pick people's brains on a situation that occurred recently.

I got scammed, but that part is not of much importance. The reason I'm here is to make some lasting record of a problem that may occur for some people.

Here's the crux of it: if you find yourself returning an item for any reason - say, because the item was not as described - as part of a PayPal Claim (an escalated Dispute, in PayPal lexicon), avoid using Canada Post Regular and Express Parcel. I'm not sure of their other shipping methods, but these two don't include any way the 'ship-to' address can be verified, short of having the box itself, in your possession. The warning can be put thusly; failing to provide verification of the ship-to address, within the limited-bordering-on-insulting timeframe, could lead to the loss of your Claim/reimbursement.

Hi Drone,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience. 😞  I know it's never fun to need to file a claim and go through a claim investigation.  Thank you for sharing your experience with others about obtaining the proof of shipping.  This information can be very helpful if a seller refuses a returned package or initially provided an invalid return shipping address.

Did you receive a refund for the payment?  If not, please feel free to contact Customer Support to see if there are any other options available. You can also try askPayPal on twitter or send us a private message on facebook.

I hope you already received a refund or receive one soon. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session! 

A special thanks to Drone77 for thought-provoking opinions about opinions - we'll have to formulate some opinions about that! 🙂 Great stuff, and we'd love to see you back again for next week's chat!

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.  If any new questions come up that relate to the discussion here today, please feel free to open a new thread in a relevant forum and link back to this thread for reference.

If you missed chatting with us today and want to be part of the fun next week, please come back next Tuesday, November 13th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you! 🙂

See you then!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.