Community Chat 8/8 - Closed

PayPal_Olivia

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 8th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

ptraphagen
Contributor
Contributor

I can send you a photo of the screen where it hangs. Also, it just happened again and this customer has to cut me a hard check again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@ptraphagen wrote:

Yes, they are US buyers and they had paid as a guest BEFORE the site redesign with no problems. I just sent them another invoice...should I expect that they will have problems again?

I don't expect any problems.  We are completing site upgrades today (right now in fact) so if something is going to be fixed, it would probably happen today.  I know I have seen numerous examples of guest payments since the site redesign so I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen.

Sorry I don't have a more specific answer. We don't have access to your account through this forum so we may need you to contact Customer Support so they can take a look at your account.  If you're on twitter you might also try reaching out to AskPayPal and have them check.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

ptraphagen
Contributor
Contributor

OK, well, it just happened again so whatever it is, it is not fixed. This customer has to cut me a hard check again.

I've already tried contacting Customer Support with zero success. I give up and will look for another venue.

Thanks for your help!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@ptraphagen wrote:

OK, well, it just happened again so whatever it is, it is not fixed. This customer has to cut me a hard check again.

I've already tried contacting Customer Support with zero success. I give up and will look for another venue.

Thanks for your help!!!

Ok, I'll let our engineers know.  I'm glad you already reported it to Customer Support so they could make sure your account is associated with a ticket to our engineers.  Sorry for all the trouble with this issue.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Joe_B

I'm performing research for a client. They want to set up advertising on their site to raise revenue, and I read that ads could be placed on a charge per click basis with payments handled through Paypal. I couldn't see instructions on how to do this through your site, or if it was even a possibility. Where can I find this information so I can present it to them?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@Joe_B wrote:

I'm performing research for a client. They want to set up advertising on their site to raise revenue, and I read that ads could be placed on a charge per click basis with payments handled through Paypal. I couldn't see instructions on how to do this through your site, or if it was even a possibility. Where can I find this information so I can present it to them?

Hi Joe_B,

It sounds like you might be talking about our adaptive payments product?  We don't have a system that will automatically monitor clicks and charge per click but this processing platform would enable any affiliate/advertising software to use our APIs to process the payouts.  If you have a link to the information you read about this, please let me know.

We do have partners that offer advertising and affiliate management.

X.com partner directory

PayPal Partner Directory 

Perhaps you read about one of our partners using PayPal?

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Joe_B

Where I read it was here:

http://net-makemoneyonline.blogspot.com/2012/05/selling-advertising-space.html

and here:

http://www.websitetoad.com/sell-advertising-space-on-your-website/

I'm not sure how reliable the sites are, I was looking more for ideas on setting up a such a system. The Adaptive Payment plan sounds about right. I'll take a look at the links you gave.

Thank you for the quick response.

Joe B

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@Joe_B wrote:

Where I read it was here:

http://net-makemoneyonline.blogspot.com/2012/05/selling-advertising-space.html

and here:

http://www.websitetoad.com/sell-advertising-space-on-your-website/

I'm not sure how reliable the sites are, I was looking more for ideas on setting up a such a system. The Adaptive Payment plan sounds about right. I'll take a look at the links you gave.

Thank you for the quick response.

Joe B

Sounds like both the writers of these articles are billing them manually.  I'd guess they're using our Invoicing solution for that.

I hope this information helps! 😄

- Frank

Login to Me Too

WSG

Hi.  I'm an Ebay selling newbie and I am confused by a selling PayPal transaction.  My posting stated that I accept PayPal only.  My Ebay summary stated that he paid by PayPal.  But the transaction came through as paid by credit card - which required me to upgrade from a Personal to Premium account.  The PayPal transaction was charged 2.9% + .30.  Help!  I'm so confused.  I didn't think there were charges for PayPal payments and I didn't think my buyers could opt for credit card payments if I specified PayPal as the only payment method. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@WSG wrote:

Hi.  I'm an Ebay selling newbie and I am confused by a selling PayPal transaction.  My posting stated that I accept PayPal only.  My Ebay summary stated that he paid by PayPal.  But the transaction came through as paid by credit card - which required me to upgrade from a Personal to Premium account.  The PayPal transaction was charged 2.9% + .30.  Help!  I'm so confused.  I didn't think there were charges for PayPal payments and I didn't think my buyers could opt for credit card payments if I specified PayPal as the only payment method. 

Hi WSG,

Congrats on your first sale! 🙂 Great questions.

PayPal payments also include credit card payments initiated through the PayPal system.  This means the buyer has to provide that information to PayPal to pay you since you require PayPal only.

PayPal will also charge a fee for any payment received for the purchase of goods or services.  Learn more about our fees here: https://www.paypal.com/fees

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.