Community Chat 8/15 - closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 15th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Logan75501

I don't know what an ice breaker is. My head feels full of rocks right now

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Logan75501-

HA! That would definitely break some ice. 🙂

To answer your question, your client wouldn't need a 'paid' business account.  A normal business account would work just fine; as long as you have the ability to use PayPal buttons.

What you're looking for would be Auto Return.  This will allow you to direct a customer to a specific page after they complete their payment. You can find some specifics here (as well as some other nifty tools for your button-making needs).

Basically, when you create the button within PayPal, in Step 3 of the button process, you'll have two check-boxes.  Selecting these, you can choose a URL to direct the customer to if they cancel their checkout, or once it's completed.  That would be the one you want.  Put the URL for the download page in there, complete the rest of the button (obviously :)), and you should be good to go!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Logan75501

Youre not going to actually provide me wth an answer are you? what the heck is an Ice Breaker?  don't have all dang long to read peoples mind. I was asking for legitimate help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you to jerryrussell34, Logan75501 and fellow PayPal employees for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success! It was great to see all of you today! :smileyhappy:

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, August 22nd, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.