Community Chat 8/15 - closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, August 15th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

For the ice breaker this week, let us know your favorite vintage arcade or console game. 🙂

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Discs of Tron. Hands down my most favorite arcade game.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Zazu,

I never had the pleasure of playing discs of tron.  I was always playing TMNT and The Simpsons.  The Simpsons was probably my favorite growing up.

- Frank

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

And...chat!

Oooh. That's a difficult question.  I played a lot of arcade games growing up, and unfortunately at this point they would all be considered as 'vintage'. 😉

It's a tie for my favorite between Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat.  Spent a lot of time on those two when I was a kid. 🙂

Community, what about you?  What did you enjoy playing?

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Oh yeah Frank. Forgot about those two. Yeah, I played a lot of the Simpsons.  Never played the original TMNT on arcade, but did play the second one, which was much in the same vein of the Simpsons...just with turtles.

Andy

Login to Me Too

jerryrussell34
New Community Member

My first time selling on ebay and using PayPal, but things are not going well so far.  Buyer's address was unconfirmed, and he had clicked the buy option on ebay. PayPal says he has not sent a note, and that I (the seller) am not eligible for the PayPal Seller Protection Policy. I am concerned as I have emailed the buyer the instructions on how to update the street address on his profile, so that I can get the PayPal Seller Protection Policy changed to  eligible. Can this be changed once he has already clicked onto the buy option in ebay, because eBay said the item sold and that I should ship it.  Is this guy scamming me , or is this fixable?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hi jerryrussell34, and welcome to...well..all things PayPal! 🙂 The community and selling and whatnot.

I can definitely see where that's a tough situation, especially on your first sale.  I don't know that there's any need to be concerned of any fraud though; these things can happen.  It's very good that you communicated with the buyer on how to update their address, however there would be no way to change it for the transaction that has already occurred. 

To have them send you a payment with a confirmed address (once they've updated it), you would need to refund the payment already made, and then they could either send you a payment for 'Goods' or you can invoice them through PayPal by requesting money.  That option would also allow you to note the eBay item number, so if it ever came to a dispute we could cross-reference that information.

Now, having an unconfirmed address isn't necessarily a bad thing as you no longer need a confirmed address for Seller Protection coverage.  But you're 100% correct that if it's not marked as eligible, you won't have coverage, so nice catch there.  You might also want to make sure your PayPal account is at least a Premier account (maybe even business if you're planning on doing them long-term).  Accepting a payment as a Personal account can sometimes cause it to be ineligible all by itself.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Logan75501

I am trying to set up a button on a clients website to pay through paypal and redirect to a thank you page to download the ebook. does he have to have a paid business acct? would that make it easier? He already has a standard merchant account. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Welcome to chat Logan75501!

While we're crafting a response to your question, feel free to answer our ice-breaker. 🙂  Shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.