Community Chat 7/18 - closed

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, July 18th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you.

This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.

As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

nnadesan

Hi,

I would like to know whether paypal as e-comm solution is used by any reputable publishers in North America or internationally? 

Thanks,

Nara

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@nnadesan wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know whether paypal as e-comm solution is used by any reputable publishers in North America or internationally? 

Thanks,

Nara

Welcome nnadesan! 🙂

PayPal does not offer any custom solutions for publishers (they may want to use our Digital Goods Solution) but I know our platform has been integrated in many different e-commerce solutions.  You can see a list of all our Partners here:  PayPal Partner Directory

I know that publishers have used us for payment processing but our privacy policy prevents me from listing specific account holders.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Demons run when a good man goes to war...

I would have to say my favorite heroic person in the sci fi universe is The Doctor.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Zazu wrote:

I would have to say my favorite heroic person in the sci fi universe is The Doctor.

Oh my, yes! Which one's your favorite?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

Oh my, yes! Which one's your favorite?

Olivia

If forced to pick, I would have to say I prefer the 10th Doctor. The story lines through those seasons were some of the strongest in the series I feel.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Wow...that may be the most difficult question I've ever been asked. Which I find somewhat sad...

Hmmm....

I guess the problem is I read way too many comics to be able to parse out one of either category. 

After far too much deliberation, I'm going to have to go with Deadpool for favorite hero.  Anyone with that many conflicting voices in his head armed with heavy weaponry...well that's just a winning combination for amusement.

Whew! Now I need a nap. 🙂

Andy

Login to Me Too

rlkrz
Contributor
Contributor

Have been trying since Monday, July 16, to issue partial refund but get message 'We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later.'.  Why" I have sufficient paypal balance, I called Paypal and they said no problem, just some update going on with no estimated completion. Well, it's 3 days later and my buyer is getting anxious. What is wrong with the refund process against original transaction only 10 days old??

I've noticed, from blogs, that refunds are an occasional issue with Paypal, but I can't find a reason for this not working.

Somebody from Paypal able to help? According to the buyer, he purchased my ebay item with credit card and wants the refund against it, and not a direct 'send money' option.

Ron

update: Did as suggested, called Paypal directly and got same result, no estimate of time this will be fixed and all they could do is offer to let me know when that happens. They could not help me get the refund transaction to work manually or otherwise.

Ron

Login to Me Too

lizard81288
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use an Amazon invoice for Proof of Address?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi lizard81288,

Welcome to the Community Chat!

Typically, proof of address must be a bank statement, credit card statement, or utility bill. If none of these can be produced, you can send whatever documentation you have that is most official, and it will be reviewed. An invoice from any merchant will be unlikely to be accepted. 😞

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Paula_Messina

Hiya:

I'm a QuickBooks Consultant & work with several clients using PayPal to receive payments for products, services, or donations (to non-profits).  Some also use PayPal to make payments.

However, there does not seem to be any easy way to incorporate this information into QB, that I have found so far.  Any ideas?  I have used QB for years, and many of my clients can download info from banks & credit card companies, and from other entities (payroll services) that incorporates the financial info to track income & expenses in QuickBooks.

Or, if there was a way to get a report that showed the details of a whole day's transactions, like a merchant statement from a Credit Card company.  Right now I can see a name, amt, fee, net, and balance, but without a memo line I do not know if it is a donation, paying for a class, or buying a book or CD.  I have to open each transaction detail to see that info.

Some weeks there are 20 or 30 transactions PER DAY that have to be entered into QB!!

Any help or ideas would be great!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.