Community Chat 6/20 *closed*

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, June 20th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

It's good to see you Andy - you should stop in more often before wandering off to do other vaguely work related items.  I think I speak for everyone when I say we like to see you around Smiley Happy

Zazu - Love it, but that song is evil! I can never get it out of my head!

Oh! There's a great spoof cover of "Hey There Delilah" (originally by Plain White Ts) except it's called "Hey There Cthulhu" and is by Eben Brooks.  My children won't stop listening to it!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Oh! There's a great spoof cover of "Hey There Delilah" (originally by Plain White Ts) except it's called "Hey There Cthulhu" and is by Eben Brooks.  My children won't stop listening to it!

I have heard that one. It's quite good. Why am I not surprised that your kids know all about Cthulhu? 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

I have heard that one. It's quite good. Why am I not surprised that your kids know all about Cthulhu? 🙂

Olivia

Oh, you know, maybe because we're all addicted to Arkham Horror at my house.  My youngest has been running his own game for the last few days all by himself.  He actually knows all the rules!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

My youngest has been running his own game for the last few days all by himself.  He actually knows all the rules!

Oh no. Does he gradually unveil key elements of the rules at strategic intervals? If so, you might have a budding Rules Lawyer on your hands.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Oh no. Does he gradually unveil key elements of the rules at strategic intervals? If so, you might have a budding Rules Lawyer on your hands.

Olivia

Oh no, he's very good about being upfront in regards to the rules.  We save our rules lawyering for our Yu-gi-Oh! tournaments.

Login to Me Too

TomRoome
New Community Member

I am trying to purchase something and wanted to use my credit card and not my bank account, but when I switch the option I get a error and wanting me to use another option?  Yes the card is up to date in payments.  I try this the other night on the same  site and I guess that the API for the site crash or something because I got errors and a message. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

TomRoome -

Welcome to the Chat!

Sorry we weren't able to get to you prior to the chat closure at 5 PM.  As promised, we're responding now.

It sounds like whichever site you're on might be garbling the API a little, which is unfortunate, as it makes it hard to diagnose the exact cause of the error without looking directly into your account and sharing it here (which we can't do).  Since it is prompting you to use another funding source, but didn't specify which one, I'd be willing to bet the attempted charge to the card didn't go through.  As your card issuer would have the most information on why this happened (charges can be declined for any number of reasons), I would recommend starting out by giving them a call and asking them to look at any declined charges that may have happened recently.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session and helping make it a success! It was great to see all of you today! Smiley Happy

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, June 27th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.