Community Chat 5/9

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 9th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

koesut
Contributor
Contributor

I do not see Canada community chat version is not as active like US. version, is that right Adrian?

Who run the show?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Whoops, looks like I didn't lock the chat for 5/9.  See, this is proof I'm not a robot!  Smiley Very Happy 

I'll answer you, though, before I have to lock this place up until 5/9.  Smiley Happy The Canada Community Chat had it's inception on 4/7/2012, where it was opened for the first time as a showcase for that Community. 

We currently have a poll going on over in the PayPal Canada Community Help Forum as to what time they would like to have their regular feature.  Once the polls have closed out, we'll take the votes under heavy consideration to determine the time for the Canada Chat.

In the interim, everyone is welcome to the US Community Chat, and especially more so on 5/9, where they can come back and tease me (good-naturedly, of course) for forgetting to lock the doors. 

And let's be honest, everyone is welcome any time, in any of the chats.  Smiley Happy  Now, I'll distract you from my mistake with a kitten Cat Embarassed  See, it's cute!

See you all then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

Mother's Day is quickly approaching!  I know my parent gave me some great advice, my mother particularly.  What was the best advice your Mother (or influential figure in your life) ever gave you?

If you don't feel like answering the icebreaker, we'll be forced to distract you with....  this kitten! Cat Very Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello community chatters,

The best advice that my mother gave me is, "Frank, YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING!" 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Sorry it took me a few minutes, I was distracted by a kitten.

The best advice my mom ever gave me was, "Look it up." This generally came in response to questions such as "How do you spell hummus?" or "What's the definition of 'corporeal'?" or "What's the average speed of a llama?"

As a result, I have a fairly decent vocabulary. I also know a bunch of useless junk that comes in handy when I'm playing pub quiz. 🙂

Thanks, mom!

Olivia

Edit: 2500 posts!! Woot! Both my 2000th and my 2500th posts happened in Community Chat. I'm so glad I could celebrate with you all! 🙂

2500 posts.PNG

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dhosgood
Contributor
Contributor

For the sake of nothing more than a hearty chuckle at this point, I would like to ask another representative of Paypal to justify holding my funds for 21 days after I have already received positive feedback for the item sold.

The last representative that I spoke with over the phone claimed that it's fair to give the buyer ample time to inspect their item, but then she told me that I would have received my funds 18 days sooner if I had included tracking information. The buyer didn't pay extra for some kind of warranty, so it's not fair under any circumstances for you to deny me of my funds for 3 weeks, and your claim about giving the buyer ample time is asinine because you would give them 18 fewer days to inspect their item if I included the trademarked Delivery Confirmation™ which shouldn't be worth as much to anyone as positive feedback from the buyer.

Confirmation via positive feedback from the buyer is the greatest confirmation of all. What if your precious Delivery Confirmation™ confirmed that a package was delivered when in reality it was left on someone's doorstep and swiped by a criminal? We have positive feedback from the buyer himself. I know he has his package, he knows he has his package, and the filthy, lying suits at Paypal know he has his package. I would be willing to accept a 2-3 day hold at most.

I would like to think that Paypal cares about me and appreciates my business, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I feel scammed when you withhold my money for nearly a month and don't offer me interest on it, I feel unwanted when you ignore my emails that bring light to my valid concerns, and I feel insulted when your representatives give me a poor explanation and expect me to believe it. You're making me strongly reconsider doing any future business with you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dhosgood,

I'll have a response for you in a few minutes.  In the mean time, feel free to answer our community chat ice breaker. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

dhosgood
Contributor
Contributor
Icebreaker? What did my mother teach me? My mother was a crackhead who abandoned me so I guess I learned to be highly selective of whom I associate with.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi dhosgood,

I understand that payment holds can be frustrating.  We value our customers and we also have a responsibility to foster a safe environment for both buyers and sellers.

The main reason we hold funds is that delaying access to funds helps ensure that sellers have sufficient funds in their account to cover claims or refunds.  The risk of claims, chargebacks or bank reversals being filed is something that exists for any electronic payment processor which is why holding funds in a pending balance for a specified amount of time is a common practice in the payments industry.

You can find more information about payment holds on our FAQ page: https://www.paypal.com/paymentholds

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.