Community Chat 5/23

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, May 23rd, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

There's some great stargazing weather ahead! Do you have a favorite constellation or other celestial object? Why is it your favorite? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello community forum members of the PayPal Community Help Forum forum,

My favorite astronomical object is V838 Monocerotis

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

mylar
Contributor
Contributor

I have just received an email saying I have made a paypal payment of $713.26 US and I have not done this.  Is there a number I can call to sort this out?   Thanks, mylar

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi mylar,

I will have a reply posted for you in a couple of minutes. Please feel free to answer our icebreaker while you wait. 🙂

There's some great stargazing weather ahead! Do you have a favorite constellation or other celestial object? Why is it your favorite? 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi mylar,

Welcome to the Community!

The email you received may be genuine, or it may be a fake. Adrian wrote a great post that details how to tell the difference.

If it's genuine, it could be a result of unauthorized access to your account. Never fear! PayPal covers loss from unauthorized transactions 100%!

If it's fake, it's an attempt by a fraudster to trick you into divulging information that they can later use. Don't click on any links in the email, as they will probably lead to a fake site. The fake site might have info-gathering questions, or it might have malware to download. You obviously want to avoid either!

The most likely scenario is that it's fake. The best way to tell is to open up a fresh browser and log into PayPal.com without clicking any links to get there. View your transaction history. If there is no transaction there, then the email was a fake.

Please let us know what you find. We'd be very happy to help with the next steps! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I've always lived in large or at least moderately-sized city, so only the brightest constellations have been able to be relied upon. For that reason, I have a special place in my heart for Orion, because he's so easy to spot.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I've always lived in large or at least moderately-sized city, so stars only the brightest constellations have been able to be relied upon. For that reason, I have a special place in my heart for Orion, because he's so easy to spot.

That's unfortunate Smiley Indifferent If you ever get the chance, travel out to the country, quite a ways from any large cities, and stare up into the night sky.  Being able to see the Milky Way is a tremendous experience, and it's the type of night sky I grew up under.  Imagine watching the Leonid meteor shower in that type of environment.

Frank - that's an awesome picture. Taken by the Hubble, the article says.  There have been some great pictures come out of that.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Frank - that's an awesome picture. Taken by the Hubble, the article says.  There have been some great pictures come out of that.

Adrian

Yeah, hubble has been a huge success.  The James Webb Space Telescope is going to be even better. 🙂

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

Yeah, hubble has been a huge success.  The James Webb Space Telescope is going to be even better. 🙂

I thought that one was very interesting.  What piqued my curiousity recently was the Square Kilometre Array.  The data output alone is, well, monstrous, to say the least.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.