Community Chat 5/2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 18th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

This week's Community Chat is now open and unlocked! 

Our moderator staff will be available for the next hour to answer your questions about PayPal, get to know you, or just have idle conversation.  We do ask that posts follow the PayPal Community Help Forum Policy and the Forum Guidelines.

Once the session is over, this thread will be locked again, but you will be able to view the content in the forums.  This chat is a regular feature every Wednesday from 4-5 PM CDT, so if you missed us this week, please feel free to stop by in the future! We want to get to know you!

It seems like we're all wired these days.  Tablet, phone, laptop,  PC - which method do you prefer to access your online content and why? What do you use it for? Share with us!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Funny you should ask that when I am jumping in to say hi from home! I'm trying to kick this sinus nastiness, and the distance from my bed to the laptop is just about what I can manage. If I could trust Swype and my fingers to cooperate, I'd be truly lazy and log in from my Android smartphone.

For my regular online activities - I love my smartphone, but sometimes the mobile version of a site isn't robust enough. For that, I revert back to my enormous laptop to get the full websurfing experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

For my regular online activities - I love my smartphone, but sometimes the mobile version of a site isn't robust enough. For that, I revert back to my enormous laptop to get the full websurfing experience.

Olivia

I admit I still default to my monster PC for online gaming.  But hey, it's one decked out tower, so... yeah, I still use it.  Smiley Happy  And, it keeps the kids off my tablet! Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi everyone,

I prefer to use my home PC still.  I like seeing all the information on a big screen.  I use RSS feeds heavily.  I've heard a lot of people aren't using RSS as much anymore and using things like twitter and facebook to monitor news and blogs.  I just find RSS easier to organize and keep track of what I have read.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Frank -  While I agree with you that RSS can provide some handy convenience, I no longer track anything on my home PC or laptop.  Instead I use mostly widgets and apps via my tablet and phone, which collate stories from the various news sources I'm interested in.  If there's anything that can't be pulled in by the methods I use, they usually have an email or RSS option that I do still employ.  However, I'm able to remove more and more sources from those lists everyday, and one day, I hope to be able to have a complete multimedia center right there on my tablet and be freed from email completely in that respect Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Frank -  While I agree with you that RSS can provide some handy convenience, I no longer track anything on my home PC or laptop.  Instead I use mostly widgets and apps via my tablet and phone, which collate stories from the various news sources I'm interested in.  If there's anything that can't be pulled in by the methods I use, they usually have an email or RSS option that I do still employ.  However, I'm able to remove more and more sources from those lists everyday, and one day, I hope to be able to have a complete multimedia center right there on my tablet and be freed from email completely in that respect Smiley Happy

But you could use widgets and apps that pull your RSS feeds. Then you wouldn't have to setup each widget/app with your favorite blogs/sites.  I use one RSS aggregator and just link that with any apps I use.  I also manage all my podcasts via RSS too. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@PayPal_Frank wrote:

But you could use widgets and apps that pull your RSS feeds. Then you wouldn't have to setup each widget/app with your favorite blogs/sites.  I use one RSS aggregator and just link that with any apps I use.  I also manage all my podcasts via RSS too. 🙂

- Frank

Oh, I know.  I haven't been able to find an app that will pull everything I need yet, though.  Smiley Sad We're getting really close though!

Login to Me Too

Daniel_new2This
New Community Member

I cancelled my subscription to a website with a money back guarntee, and the funds have not showed up back in my paypal account. how long does it usually take for the funds to show up?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Daniel_new2This,

Welcome! 🙂

Did you cancel the subscription on the merchant's website or on PayPal?  If you haven't cancelled on the PayPal website, I recommend doing that as well.   Instructions for canceling are here.

PayPal subscriptions do not have any automated system to facilitate moneyback guarantee agreements with a merchant. When a subscription is cancelled, it prevents any further payments from being debited by that merchant.  A refund would still need to be issued by the merchant as normal for any subscription payments that had already been sent in the past.  Once a refund has been issued, you would be able to see a record of that refund right away in your PayPal account.

I recommend checking the merchant's website or contacting them directly to see if they have a process to request the money back guarantee.

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.