Community Chat 4/4/2012

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 4th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you to everyone for participating in this week's chat session! 

The weekly chat session is now closed.  All thread content will remain viewable, but locked.  Any questions that have not yet been responded to by a moderator or employee will receive a response within the next hour.

If you missed chatting with us today, please come back next Wednesday, April 11th, at 4PM Central time. We'd love to meet you!

See you then!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

matt2502
Contributor
Contributor

If I buy something from CL and have the seller send me a PP invoice, is my payment protected?

thanks

Matt

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

matt2502 -

Welcome to the Chat!

Requesting and making payment through an invoice is definitely a great idea!  My main concern is that you would be picking the item up in person; items that are collected in person, or that you arranged to be collected for you, are not eligible for Purchase Protection

If your seller is shipping a physical good to you, your purchase should be covered.  There are certain items and situations that aren't covered under Purchase Protection, so you'll want to check this list out.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

dpennellar
Contributor
Contributor

I'm selling books. If someone wants to buy several copies of the same book (and thereby gets different shipping rates) how can I set that up using Website Payments Standard?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

dpennellar -

This can definitely be accomplished with Website Payments Standard!  If you go to Profile > My selling tools > Update (beside Shipping calculations) > Start, you can set up your shipping regions, methods, and prices. 

You'll be able to designate shipping rates based on order amount, weight, or item quantity.  You can choose rates based on a fixed amount or a percentage.

If you require more customization for your shipping rates, you might consider looking into a third-party shopping cart which offers additional shipping calculation options.  Check out our Developer Network at www.x.com for more information on integrating a third-party shopping cart or application.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.