Community Chat 4/18/2012

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Community Chat on Wednesday, April 18th, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

xmika03
Contributor
Contributor

I love the movie Teen Witch and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

I love the 80's.

It was a great decade for cinema. The Princess Bride, Bladerunner, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., Brazil... man, the list is just way too enormous and amazing to try to pare it down here.

It was a great decade for music. Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, The Bangles, The Talking Heads, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, The Beastie Boys, The Police, U2, Men at Work, Prince, argh! I can't even put a dent in that list either!

Fads? Oh my! Do you remember that show Dr. Fad? They would track fads all over the country. Wacky Wall Walkers, Punky Brewster shoes, Rubik's cubes, banana clips... We have so much to be embarrassed about.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

My favorite late 80's pastime was avoiding The Noid.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

My favorite late 80's pastime was avoiding The Noid.

I totally had that video game.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Too late Zazu!  The Noid is here!  Run!  You should get that for your desk Smiley Happy

Misty - Footloose was good, haven't seen the new one yet.  In a way, I hate to tarnish the memories of the old one, especially since I don't think I saw it until the early 1990's (long story).  

If we're going to go with 1980's movies, I'll have to stick with The Lost Boys for now, though there were quite a few good ones.  You can't forget about the Breakfast Club or all of the classic movies in the same vein (Cusack, anyone?) And don't forget Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Alien (technically 1979 for the original? - but not the sequel), Predator, and Terminator (I'm with you on that one SyntaxNL!). 

xmika03 - my sister was a huge fan of hers! I remember she went to a concert when I was very little, out in Colorado. 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

PayPal_Adrian wrote:

If we're going to go with 1980's movies, I'll have to stick with The Lost Boys for now, though there were quite a few good ones.  You can't forget about the Breakfast Club or all of the classic movies in the same vein (Cusack, anyone?) And don't forget Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Alien (technically 1979 for the original? - but not the sequel), Predator, and Terminator (I'm with you on that one SyntaxNL!). 

The Lost Boys! (Cryyyyyyyyyy, little sister!)

The Breakfast Club! I still laugh at Ally Sheedy's dandruff picture.

Gremlins! I had nightmares... I know, not the scariest movie ever... but I still had nightmares.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

SyntaxNL

I've been born in '88. Imagine The Terminator being made in '84 with those special effects.

One word, amazing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hello everyone,

My favorite thing from the 80s is E.T. the movie.

SyntaxNL,

Welcome!  The Terminator is awesome and still holds up today in my opinion.  I still like the effects even now but that could just be nostalgia. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Frank -

When I saw your response was E.T., I had a HUGE smile on my face. E.T. brings a lot of good memories back from my BIG brother and I when we were little. I love that movie.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

@PayPal_Misty wrote:

Frank -

When I saw your response was E.T., I had a HUGE smile on my face. E.T. brings a lot of good memories back from my BIG brother and I when we were little. I love that movie.

~Misty

I have yet to meet somebody that didn't like E.T. 🙂  The bicycle chase scene alone plus the music makes the whole movie.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.