Community Chat 1/22 - Closed

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hey everybody!

Join the PayPal Community Forums moderation team in our weekly Global Community Chat on Tuesday, January 22nd, from 4 to 5 PM CDT (2-3 PM PDT). 

Our moderator staff will be here to answer your questions regarding PayPal - or just to get to know you. This thread will remain locked until the chat is open, so if you have a question you'd like to see answered by the community before then, please feel free to post a topic by clicking on "Post a Topic" and selecting the appropriate board.  As always, PayPal customer service can be reached by clicking on "Contact Us" and selecting help via phone or email.

See you then!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Knoxville

Hi

Very angry customer here. Why is Monaco not allowed to use PayPal anymore? I've been using your services for almost 7 years now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Knoxville -

While we wouldn't be able to comment here about specific reasons for why a product, service, or country isn't currently supported or was discontinued, we can tell you that we are always looking for opportunities to expand our existing services.  More information about expansion of services can be found here.

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

Knoxville

Thanks for your reply.

Are you able to tell us more why your service was discontinued and/or what is the current status on this situation? It's extremely saddening and tragic to see this happen to such a highly-regarded country.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Knoxville -

I'm sorry, as I mentioned earlier, we wouldn't be able to comment here Smiley Sad

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

Knoxville

In that case, can you redirect me to someone who I can discuss this matter with?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Knoxville -

We appreciate your passion for the issue and would encourage you to keep an eye on the PayPal blog site for any available updates.

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

ChristianW95
Contributor
Contributor

Idk if this daily tuesday chat is still open but if it is i just have a quick question. Being a new user to paypal i dont know how everything works, although I have been doing a lot of business. 

My question is, are money requests suppose to be available funds immediatly in your paypal account once payed? 

I may have misunderstood what i was told through an email through customer service but I believe it said when I make a money request and my option is selected to service rather than goods, once the payment is made it is immediatly available and is never held in pending balance.

I would just like some feedback and a simple answer to this question. Thank you very much (:

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ChristianW95, and welcome! We're happy to have you as a member of the community, a participant in our chat, and a PayPal customer!

Funds Availability may apply to any payment where a good or service is being purchased; whether it is through checkout, invoice, or the payment is generated by the sender. To learn more about the details, I recommend checking out this article in the Business Resource Center. It is extremely informative.

I also recommend checking out the other articles in the Business Resource Center. There are great tips that sellers should see for keeping their business safe and successful.

I hope this helps!

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

ChristianW95
Contributor
Contributor

Thats the same article or help thing whatever you want to call it I've already read through literally for the 5th time Olivia thanks for the computer like response which ive already gotten twice from other peopel -.- I also got help from customer service via email yestersay who released my pending balance immediatly after I explained what was going on and why there would be no reason to hold the money. I am a graphic designer and I dont have any of my customers pay for what I've made them until they are completely happy with it Even if that means me re doing the whole thing 3 times which I have done before. So to be holding the funds in a pending balance for 21 days really doesnt need to happen I've had multiple return customers even before i started using paypal and still do. I thought paypal would making things easier, which in essence it does, although having to wait 21 days or even 7 days for my funds to be available after my transaction is said and done and there's no reason for a refund because like I said I dont have my customers pay for anything until they are 100% happy with it. Adding to my first post, I started making sure when I requested money from my customers that it was set to service ather than goods, as instructed by the customer service person that responded to my email. So was I informed by that customer service person wrong? Even though the money request is sent as a service and then payed, does it still become a pending balance, or is it suppose to become immediatly available?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@ChristianW95 wrote:

Thats the same article or help thing whatever you want to call it I've already read through literally for the 5th time Olivia thanks for the computer like response which ive already gotten twice from other peopel -.- I also got help from customer service via email yestersay who released my pending balance immediatly after I explained what was going on and why there would be no reason to hold the money. I am a graphic designer and I dont have any of my customers pay for what I've made them until they are completely happy with it Even if that means me re doing the whole thing 3 times which I have done before. So to be holding the funds in a pending balance for 21 days really doesnt need to happen I've had multiple return customers even before i started using paypal and still do. I thought paypal would making things easier, which in essence it does, although having to wait 21 days or even 7 days for my funds to be available after my transaction is said and done and there's no reason for a refund because like I said I dont have my customers pay for anything until they are 100% happy with it. Adding to my first post, I started making sure when I requested money from my customers that it was set to service ather than goods, as instructed by the customer service person that responded to my email. So was I informed by that customer service person wrong? Even though the money request is sent as a service and then payed, does it still become a pending balance, or is it suppose to become immediatly available?

Hi ChristianW95 -

In this instance, if you are selling primarily services outside of eBay, we would recommend reaching out to our customer service teams (click here) and asking that they request a review of the hold settings on your account.  They will review the settings and see if they need to remain.

To answer the other portion of your question, if your account is subject to a holds program, and you receive a payment, it may be held for up to 21 days in your pending balance.

- Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.