Paypal Casting call contest

minnichsmetals
Contributor
Contributor

A couple weeks ago I noticed on one of the "Advantage" pages that I could submit my information for the Paypal casting call.  I got a picture uploaded, filled out the form, and typed up a brief summary, but never did hear anything..  The promo says "who knows, you may find yourself featured in our ads", and also says

"WHAT'S MORE

If your story is chosen, PayPal will make a MicroPlace investment in your name to fight poverty worldwide.*"

The thing is, I've seen the same 7 faces/stories on that page from the moment I first noticed the page many months ago- Also, all of the photos look as though they are professionaly staged and shot.  I'm guessing this is just another stunt by Paypal??  Are these people paid to have their faces on the page, or are they REAL paypal members?  Not trying to make it a huge deal, but the exposure to my business (in which I accept and send payments 100% through paypal for) would be great, not to mention a MicroPlace investment in my name.  I guess I just wish that sometimes when you see a promotion such as this, that you actually begin to see other faces, rather than the same people all the time, giving the impression that NO ONE is ever chosen to be "highlighted"...  Below is the link I'm talking about.

https://www.paypal-promo.com/castingcall/

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

slick2
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah it's time for Paypal to step it up.  Seems like maybe they have been making money for so long they feel they can' sit back and relax a bit?  I could be wrong, but I've read a few complaints lately about things.  For the most part, looks like they have setup a pretty good online system though, and it is hard to deal with every situation if you low staffed.  Maybe they are?  Dunno, how many employee do you think paypal has?

Login to Me Too

BrightMint
Contributor
Contributor

I would think the photos are of real users, though clearly are taken in a studio. I've seen similar photos in their advertising. They did not necessarily say that a photo/story for users would be featured specifically here on the advantage section.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.