Not Feeling Any "Advantage" Right Now...

toyranch
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's customer service closes at 7pm Friday and doesn't open again until Monday???  Seriously folks, you are an internet based business in 2012. Business online doesn't end on Friday and start again on Monday.  You need some weekend customer service people...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

LookAtMe
Contributor
Contributor

what??? That's crazy! Both ebay and Paypal should have real (US citizens) staffed in call centers 24hr a day.

I've have problems with eBay routing customer service calls over seas only to have that rep lie to me! How did I find out?? Well I called back a day later, get someone from a US call center who read through my CS call file only to tell me that person would need to have a supervior do some on the floor training. nice...

Login to Me Too

toyranch
Contributor
Contributor

I had a customer file a dispute with PayPal over an eBay transaction. Not eBay's buyer protection, directly with PayPal. This guy was the most problematic, unreasonable customer I've had in15 years. I would rather EAT a guitar than sell him another. Anyway, he finally realized that he was totally mistaken about his issue, then drummed up $80 in BS to claim. I ended up giving him the $80 to just get rid of the problem, and get the other $2000 released. It cleared off right before PayPal closed on Friday, but they slapped a hold on the $2000 AFTER he accepted the refund. I called PayPal and just as I started speaking to someone, clock ticked to 7pm and the call cut off.  They had my $2000 on hold all weekend. Monday morning I call and the funds are released in seconds, after they said it must have been a "glitch".  The funds would have been released over the weekend if someone was available.  

Login to Me Too

BrightMint
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah would think eBay/PayPal would at least have someone in the US call center. Also, seems odd that PayPal advantage members would even get payment holds at all after making so many transactions each year would think it's obvious that it is a genuine user account.

Login to Me Too

daehnomel
New Community Member

But if they opened support on the weekends they might not be able to afford to negatiate cool benefits for us every months, like the whole %3 we get off of Stubhub this month! WOOOOHOOOO!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.