Lower fees would be the best ADVANTAGE they could give us

goodstuff
New Community Member

Between Ebay and PayPal I continue to get hammered with fees.

The best reward they could give us is to LOWER the service fees for their supposed "best" customers.   Most credit card companies do that....why can't PayPal?

I would rather have a 1% reduction in fees than any "prizes" or "rewards"

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

drdivo
New Community Member

aquaairellc
New Community Member

I 100% agree with a discount fee program!

Login to Me Too

MARBLEMIKE
Contributor
Contributor

THE ONLY TRUE ADVANTAGE THAT I CAN SEE WITH THIS PROGRAM

IS GIVING THOSE OF US WHO I GUESS ARE PRIVILEGED ENOUGH TO BELONG TO THIS PROGRAM IS TO UNDOUBTEDLY LOWER OUR FEES.

$$$ NOW THAT'S AN ADVANTAGE $$$

Login to Me Too

MeowMeow

I liked the days prior to the flat 9%.....now you even pay 9% on your shipping......Give us a break and lower your fee's...I have paid nearly 20% in fee's associated with selling on ebay...Picture costs...Listing fees  ...pay pal fee's...final value fee's....Its tough to make any $$............Just higher cost on the working stiff

Login to Me Too

RobGuitar777

I agree, lower fees is definitely the advantage; also a better shipping discount with USPS

Login to Me Too

ersan

PayPal already has discounts on fees for high-volume customers.

Login to Me Too

eventcat
Contributor
Contributor

Really? I haven't seen any discounts on my fees, and I collect over 12 grand and spend about 10 grand every year.

Login to Me Too

minnichsmetals
Contributor
Contributor

The lower fees are based on monthly income.   Once you hit the threshold, you simply need to apply to paypal, and request to begin being charged the "Merchant fees".  Once you are approved (which is immediately if you meet the monthly income requirement), you must maintain the intake of funds monthly, if you dont, you go back up to the normal fee rate, but then you are re evaluated again the next month, and will automatically go down again if you meet the requirements (no need to re apply).  I have been in a lower tier (2.5% + .30) due to the money we bring in every month for a few months now, and although it's not a huge decrease, you can definitely see the difference (especially with large payments).  They also have a program for ebay sellers who bring in a high volume of sales of $10 or less, its some sort of flat rate program, that really benefits some people (not us though..).  Work towards these goals, and then apply, if their gonna offer some relief on the fees, why not take it right!?  As for Ebay, if you maintain "Top Rated Seller" status, as I do (ebay name RandomSales22), you will receive 20% off of your entire invoice at the end of each month, which is a HUGE savings!  These are discounts that us as sellers have to earn, and have to maintain..  Please dont think Im totally happy with, or condone the super high fees, but I will say, if there is an opportunity to save money, it's better then nothing!  I hope I've been able to help a little bit, if so, feel free to click the thumbs up below, thanks!  PS. Below are the discounted fees, and thresholds you have to meet for the merchant rates.  Thanks,

Bob

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_fees-rate-about-outside&bn_r=m

Purchase payments received (monthly)Fee per transaction
$0.00 USD - $3,000.00 USD2.9% + $0.30 USD
$3,000.01 USD - $10,000.00 USD2.5% + $0.30 USD
$10,000.01 USD - $100,000.00 USD2.2% + $0.30 USD
> $100,000.00 USD1.9% + $0.30 USD
Login to Me Too

Wany
New Community Member

Thumb up for lower fees. I have not figured out what this Paypal Advantage can do for me. A fee deduction sounds like the best thing I would like to have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.