DC Chargeback process needs revision

rpeders32
Contributor
Contributor

On 4/30/12 I lost my Paypal DC at the local mall, whcih is about a mile away, and there were some charges after that to places within the vicinity. I immediately reported my card lost / stolen and informed the paypal representative that the charges were unauthorized. I was told that provisional credits would be made within 24 to 48 hours. Several days came and went and nothing happened. Then I received an email stating that Paypal was declining my chargebacks because I had, in days prior, been to those stores. This is utter nonsense. Just because I happen to shop at local areas and live near a mall, I should not be penalized! I have more than once offered to submit my driver's license so that comparisons can be made to the video surveylance (obviously someone must have made those charges!). Now I'm forced to file a lawsuit in small claims court because my federal consumer civil rights have been violated by paypal. Oh, and yes, I am an advantage member and have been for several years! So "on your side dispute resolution" - utter nonsence. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BrightMint
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that's not good. I'm surprised they did not cancel the card number after you called them. You should call them on the advantage line and see if you can get things cleared up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.