withdrawing money to my account but its ''pending''

maxifly2012
Contributor
Contributor

i sold some alton towers tickets on gumtree and they paid me via paypal as i posted it to them, how do i get paypal to release the money?

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

docherd
Contributor
Contributor

I have a very sick daughter in hospital but could not afford to travel so I asked a friend

to send me some money such that I can go to hospital.

Pending !!! Some **bleep** about security.

If anything happens to her, I shall sue !!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@docherd

OR maybe READ the user agreement that you signed up to when you opened your paypal account so you are aware of the risk of pending withdrawals.

You can't sue a company that clearly state when they can hold the funds in an agreement you agreed to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

docherd
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I sure the PPI  scandal was in T&C's. The T&C's can state whatever it wants BUT it has to comply with regulations.

Login to Me Too

bellebelle
Contributor
Contributor
Doesnt make it legal and plenty of people have won when fighting this through litigation. Their terms are not above the law and no one "agrees" to it. They click on agree box as it is required before opening paypal. Just because we click on a box that we are forced to doesnt mean we think their terms are great and we are willing to accept our money being held. We are agreeing that we have to tick that box and agreeing that this is their terms, it doesnt mean we agree with them doing as they do. And that we dont have our own terms too.
Login to Me Too

docherd
Contributor
Contributor

Rubbish, this is pure fraud and I have reported this to the FCA.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@docherd

Good luck with that one as the FCA have no authority over paypal as they don't regulate them.

And even if they did i guess they would have a good laugh at your reporting paypal for doing exactly what they state they will do in their user agreement that YOU agreed to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

docherd
Contributor
Contributor

Your ignorance in these matters  would be amusing if it was not so tragic.

Any company who provide financial services in the UK *have* to comply with local

regulations. Same as any corporation. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@docherd

Your ignorance is devasting as paypal are well aware of that fact which is why their user agreement passed scrutiny and the holds accepted as legal YEARS AGO.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

docherd
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm, watch  this space 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.