withdrawing money to my account but its ''pending''

maxifly2012
Contributor
Contributor

i sold some alton towers tickets on gumtree and they paid me via paypal as i posted it to them, how do i get paypal to release the money?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then can take up to 72 hours to clear to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What do you mean by release the money to you??

Is the money showing in your paypal balance?

Is it on hold?

Does it say anything about a new seller hold?

Or is the payment not showing in your paypal transaction history at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

maxifly2012
Contributor
Contributor

his payment has completed and it showed as cleared funds i then tried to transfer it now just says pending

Your withdrawal request is awaiting release for final processing, pending review by PayPal. been like this few days?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then can take up to 72 hours to clear to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xtra-insulation
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal withdrawals should take up to 2 hours these days - and indeed they are normally instant.

We initiated a withdrawal on the 9th September and noticed it said Withdrawals may take up to 72 hours. Spoke with Paypal and they said that they currently have a 'problem' which they are trying to resolve where their system has 'defaulted' back to the old - (lengthy)- withdrawal timeframe instead of the 2 hour one.

Half an hour ago it is still saying a withdrawal will take 72 hours - and what is even more annoying is that I have noticed yesterday and today that you cannot contact Paypal - until after they close! This is a wholly unsatisfactory situation and we shall be moving to another merchant for processing our £40k+ per month of transactions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you read the user agreement which you agreed to when you joined paypal it clearly states that the 2 hour withdrawal is NOT GUARANTEED.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xtra-insulation
Contributor
Contributor

That may well be the case and of course there can be potential 'glitches' where things don't work out the way they should do. Accepted.

However, this is NOT the case in hand - Paypal catagorically told me that the problem was a 'Paypal-wide' issue that they were in the process of resolving - although how on earth it can take so long to resolve the issue outlined is beyond me!

I have, since my last post established that what I was told by Paypal 2 days ago is clearly incorrect or just a straightforward 'lie'. I have just  witnessed a close associate access their Paypal account, go to withdraw funds to their bank account - and it says it will take 2 hours - they transferred a sizeable amount and it was in their account within seconds - meanwhile our account still shows 'can take up until 72 hours'. 'Paypal-wide' issue, obviously not. NOT GOOD ENOUGH and most unprofessional!

Login to Me Too

Roc24v
Contributor
Contributor

I'm on 24 hour payments at the moment, been like it for over a week, aside from one withdrawal last weekend that was 2 hours.

I know their agreement states it may take up to 72 hours, but I wonder legally how this stacks up, when they are obliged to offer 2 hour service.

Banks don't hold things for review like this, one I can understand, but 10 in a row, either the first check was ok or they aren't really checking, just holding for another reason.

Login to Me Too

JooDS

A family member sent me some money yesterday and I "withdrew" it from my PP account only to get the pending message and saying it could take up to 24 hours.  Annoying to say the least and more annoying having read on here that it could be as long as 72 hours!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.