refunds into my paypal account wont transfer to my bank

rosielynne
Contributor
Contributor

I have x 3 refunds in my paypal account showing. but i cannot transfer them or withdraw them as it keeps saying no balance!! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rosielynne

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rosielynne

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davidsaffa44
Contributor
Contributor
So when you buy something the seller gets your money almost instantly but to get your OWN money back you have to wait we live in a age where money is transferred in seconds so I'm sorry it is totally unacceptable
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidsaffa44

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller the funds and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

Thats why we get confused buyers on here stating item on its way but funds have not left their bank account yet or pending on their card statement.

However paypal do not 'refund' in advance so this time you have to take the wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davidsaffa44
Contributor
Contributor
I apologise funds have just hit my account 🙈🙈🙈
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@davidsaffa44

Smiley Happy

I had a refund from an Ebay seller last week, took 4 days to go back to my card which I didn't think was too bad.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

davidsaffa44
Contributor
Contributor
It's not really suppose I was frustrated lol it's been going on for a month
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.