paypal taking money

evilfairy
Contributor
Contributor

please can someone help me yet again concerning paypal has anyone had money go out of there account to  JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD    as they have just taken £6.40 out of my account for no reason and have been told they can withdraw money when ever they want as they have set up a direct debit with out my consent......i am a buyer and have never sold anything and do not have an account to do so!    i have no intentions 0f selling items on ebay.........i am in two minds to dump ebay and paypal for google pay as this has just the same ammount of stuff to buy from and some is even cheeper,.... befor i loose all confidence in paypal  can someone explain who and why this has been done

many thanks

Evilfairy

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_david

Hi there Evilfairy,

The direct debit that is in place with your bank account and your PayPal account is there so that you can fund payments from your bank account through your PayPal account any time you are purchasing an item. The only reason that we would process a payment from your account without you actually completing the payment would be if there was a recurring or subscription service in place with you and another company through your account.

Another thing to let you know is that any time you send a bank funded payment from your PayPal account, it takes between 5 and 7 working days to complete processing between your bank and PayPal accounts. This means that if you were to send a payment on the 1st of the month, the funds may not even be debited from your bank account until the 3rd or 4th of that month.

You should review your transaction history on your PayPal account. The easiest way to do this is by clicking the 'History' icon on your Account Overview page. From here, you can then click the 'All Activity with Balance' icon in order to see a complete breakdown of your recent transaction history on your account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

mickiduta77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David 

I have the same problem as Mrs Evilfairy you answered to only that I was taken £16 of my account through direct debit. Can you tell me why the big difference from £6 to £16? I never sold things as Mrs Evilfairy too and I am afraid I did not understood why the charge? 

Kind regards,

Miha

Login to Me Too

basir04

I have the exact same problem... I have been charged by a paypal payment (direct debit) I did not even made this payment!

and when I canceled my direct debit online I got the name (JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD)

This is what I have been charged

£4.98 at 28/12/12

£4.95 at 27/12/12

Edit: Also the payment does not show on paypal but only on my bank statement

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

go to profile - my money. click on update next to my pre approved payments. if you have any recurring payments or subscriptions set up they will show in here. if there is any click on the name of the company and click cancel on the next page

Login to Me Too

nonita
Contributor
Contributor

go to profile - my money. click on update next to my pre approved payments. if you have any recurring payments or subscriptions set up they will show in here. if there is any click on the name of the company and click cancel on the next page

I did go on my pre approved payments, and there is nothing.. so why i have money deducted from my bank account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a community forum we don't have access to your account.....!!

I think you need to contact customer services via contact us bottom of paypal pages > use the call us option and they may be able to throw light on this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MissPereira
New Community Member

PLEASE DO NOT PANIC - JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD, IS LEGITIMATE!

if you make a payment by Paypal and you have zero balance, Paypal will take the necessary money from your bank account in order to complete the transaction.

It does this by setting up a direct debit on a approved bank account - the value will vary depending of the balance you need.

Unfortunately the direct debit description does not help identify what you actually bought but if you go through your transactions*** and look at the dates, you should be able to work out what it was you purchased to justify the withdrawal from your account.

*** don't forget to check the "Include archived transactions" so you can see all your activity

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why are you answering threads over 2 years old???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chump

@kernowlass wrote:

Why are you answering threads over 2 years old???

why are you looking at threads over 2 years old ???

This is an ongoing issue and any imput is surely welcome!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.