negative balance?

ged600
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase with paypal through ebay the payment was taken from my bank as this is linked to my paypal account. I then started getting emails from paypal that my paypal account was negative balance and  I need to put the amount taken from my bank account for the purchase back into my paypal account? The money was not in my paypal account it was taken dirrectly from my account!

I then thought these were scam emails so deleted them.

I have questioned this through the message centre but no replies from paypal?

Today the same amount was taken from my bank account by paypal and put into my paypal account?

Hope this makes sense can someone please clarify this. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Donna

Hi ged600,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

If the first payment from your bank account failed, PayPal will request the payment again after a couple of days. This would either complete the payment you made, or clear the negative balance on the account as PayPal would have paid the seller on your behalf. We then wait for the money to come from your bank to reimburse us. I hope this helps.

Donna

Login to Me Too

ged600
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Donna thanks for the answer.

The money for the purchase was taken the same day as I checked my bank account so I didn't owe Pay Pal any money?

I have never had this problem before as I purchase items all the time.

Why was the money for the item taken from my bank acount and put in my pay pal account sometime after the purchase as sometimes I have no funds in my Pay Pal acount?

Thanks,

Ged.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi ged600,

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.