credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.

ppBtrollN
New Community Member

I keep getting this Message "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

so annoying, this is the same card i've used and it's not working .

this is stupid

i hope a represenative can help me with this properly instead of just telling me the same dumb **bleep** **bleep**er bull**bleep** i keep seeing from Olivia

i need help now.

Login to Me Too
67 REPLIES 67

TheOneOfCrows
New Community Member

Hi please i got same message but i done something wrong i was try to verify and i was put there wrong numbers u know those deposits and it was blocked my account card i dont have different i need use this one what i shoult do? do u can let me know???

Login to Me Too

ahla123
New Community Member

my accon tpaypal have been hacked and i try every thing to comuniquate to paypal and nathing i can do more i créate another paypal accont and theis is what is what i found We're sorry, but that credit card cannot be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.  !!! im veryyy sadd no one want to help meee !!!!  : Man Sad

Login to Me Too

jezziejay

been having the same problem, but my card has been on three different accounts (though that is due to trying to solve another problem ive had with paypal). so if i ask my bank to send me a new card, that one will work even though its the same bank account? i only have one bank account and really dont want to open a whole new bank account just for paypal. really need this resolved because its become rather difficult to buy and sell on ebay when transactions are taking weeks.

Login to Me Too

MJM3000
Contributor
Contributor

Just so I understand this correctly. Let's say I had a credit card on my Paypal account in the past. Let's say I then removed the card at some point. Now, if I'm trying to add it once again, maybe a year or two later, I won't be allowed to - is that correct?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there MJM3000,

No, this is not correct. 

Basically, a card can only be registered to one PayPal account at any given time.

If you remove your card from your PayPal account you can then re-add it to this or a new PayPal account at any stage.

Hope this clarifies things! 

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Nimna

Hi

my name is nimna i just wont to know how can i cancel my cridit card number because in my profile it shows as 0 when i open the account i gave all the details about my cridit card and is said it got activated now when i try to pay in ebay im getting the error that u can link this card and i havent done any other activation from this card and this is the only place i have activated this pls check this

tksSmiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Giobrille
New Community Member

I have the same problem. However, my question is, where can I see which cards are connected to which PayPal account. As far as I can see the card that I am trying to add is not linked to any of my PayPal Accounts. What can I do to add this card and make a payment? 

Many thanks, 

help!!!

Login to Me Too

neotecnix

How much time should pass before I link my credit card from one account to another? 

I had one account with my credit card but I decided to delete it. Now I want to link that credit card to my business account  but it gives me the message that it cant be linked because its prevously linked with another one. 

Login to Me Too

aabdullayev36
New Community Member

How we can found paypal account which linked our credit card?

Login to Me Too

mike510
New Community Member

Good day,

I have used my Paypal account for about 4 years without any problem.  About a month prior to the expiration of the card (September or October 2012), Paypal prompted me to renew the credit card, which I did.  After that, when I tried to pay with Paypal, it said that I needed to link a new card and that there were 0 cards associated to my account.  I thought that maybe the system did not record my renewal, so I re-entered my renewed card details.  But now I get the following message: "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

Some points:

1. The old and new cards have the same number. I simply renewed it.

2. I followed Paypal's advise of renewing it and updating my records with Paypal BEFORE the expiration.

3. I have no other Paypal acounts. I have ONE (1) account.

4. Nobody has ever touched or used my credit card other than myself and I have counter-checked this with my bank.

5. Getting a new card is NOT an answer to this system issue.

Your prompt assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.