credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card.

ppBtrollN
New Community Member

I keep getting this Message "We're sorry, but that credit card can't be linked to additional PayPal accounts. Please link a different credit card."

so annoying, this is the same card i've used and it's not working .

this is stupid

i hope a represenative can help me with this properly instead of just telling me the same dumb **bleep** **bleep**er bull**bleep** i keep seeing from Olivia

i need help now.

Login to Me Too
67 REPLIES 67

ppBtrollN
New Community Member

also, if i can't use paypal is there anything else i can pay with???

Login to Me Too

Dazbo
Please don't use the word GAY in a negative context, thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi PpBtrollN,

If you are receiving a message advising you that your card can't be linked to anymore PayPal accounts, it would mean that your card has been registered to two or three different accounts in the lifetime of the card.

There is a security feature on the PayPal system that will disable a card for entry on to the system once it is attempted to be registered to a third PayPal account.

This can't be reset and you won't be able to use this particular card on the PayPal website again. Your best option would be to try having a new card issued by your bank or try using a different card on your PayPal account.

David.

Login to Me Too

Mikhaila
New Community Member

David I have never linked this card to a pay pal account EVER....Plus this is the only Pay pal account I have! So why can't I just use this card?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Mikhaila, 

Check with all of your family members to ensure they have not used this card on an account in the past. 

Alternatively, if you call us we can verify some information and tell you exactly where it has been added.

Let us know how you get on.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Nexus2013
New Community Member

Im having the exact problem.. and this card has never been used for anything online b4.. i just got this card with a new bank i joined 1month ago. i use it on amazon.com and thats it. now i want to use it on ebay so i need it linked to paypal and im getting this error.. already verified with my bank and its clear this card has only been used online for amazon.com.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there Nexus2012,

Welcome to the community.

If you’re being told that the card is already registered is it possible that a family member may have added it to their account?

If this is not the case, please contact customer service so that the account can be located where your card is attached and the appropriate action can be taken.

Let us know how you get on.

Login to Me Too

_PennyB

Same problem here. And no none of my family member had used this card because I live by myself. Also, I did have a  paypal account maybe a few years back but it is linked to another card which is now deactivated. Is it possible that this is an error on your end and not the consumers that use your site? By the way I have never linked anything in this card. 

Login to Me Too

Hesham10
New Community Member

paypal is totally **bleep** they never even returned my money after verifying .. **bleep**ing thiefs

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.