Your withdrawal request is now being processed. Your funds can take up to 72 hours

KeatJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I have being selling things online, I have withdrawn money 4 times this week, the first 2 times, no problem, the money went straight into my account as normal, but today when trying to withdraw 2 amounts, one larger and one smaller, it says that my transfer request is pending?  

I need the money to send of the items, its beyond a joke, they should'nt have the right to hold the money I need to withdraw for any time period, never mind 3 days!

From past experience, does anyone know if it will actuall take 3 days?  Its been just over 12 hours now?

If the money isn't in my account tomorrow morning, that will be the last time I'm using Paypal!  Not happy!

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Happens mostly at the weekends.

Best to withdraw one lump sum every week or so rather than a lot of times as that may trigger the pending status more.

I tend to withdraw about once every 2-3 weeks and only once have had to wait 72 hours but they do tell you that the payment may be on hold in the user agreement we signed agreeing to when we joined.

Trouble is if you stop using paypal its doubtful you will sell your stuff in the first place as buyers won't send to a stranger without paypal buyer protection so best to have to wait a bit for the payment than not get the payment at all.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Woowoo1
New Community Member
I am waiting for my funds also I withdrew yesterday and also had to confirm that it was my account not happy.
Login to Me Too

Ansoumane

please can you return me back the money transfer to your account on first december 2011 thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Who are you talking to??

This is not paypal customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KeatJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that It says it in their agreement, but everyother time I have withdrawn from paypal over the past years, the money has been in my account almost instantly.  Its just expected to be there with it being a transfer from online.  Most of the people on the community say its mainly with large sums of money, I bet its for paypal to gain a little extra interest!

Its out of order, I'm going to look like a bad seller on ebay now as I can ship the item until I get the money to do so..  Not happy!

Login to Me Too

KeatJoe
Contributor
Contributor

I Have just rang up Paypal and an operator told me it will take exactly 72 hours..  Why is that?  Surely if it is for security checks, it would clear when someone has looked and approved it?  Not happy that it is going to be exactly 72 hours, it just makes it look like there holding it to keep my money for a little longer to gain more interest..  Not happy in the slightest!  Last time I will be using paypal if it takes the full 72..  Out of order!  

Login to Me Too

robert16
Contributor
Contributor

I've been told - 21 hours then 24 - will see ! I've got everything recorded  !!

Login to Me Too

hope2013
Contributor
Contributor

Tell me why for the first time, when I wanted to refund 150.00 , I had 139.15 in Paypal and they did not take it first, and then go to my bank for the balance?  Now I have an extra over charge because Paypal did not do the withdrawal the way it has always done in the past.   I am very upset about this, as I have never had an over charge on my account.

Login to Me Too

indianeyeslewis
Contributor
Contributor

I need money to pay my bills to pay my electrlic before it gets off

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.