Your bank declined your electronic funds transfer

JordanB
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community, 

I hope that you can help me here.

I recently got 3 emails from PayPal saying that my bank declined the electronic funds transfer. I have bought 4 things and I have recived all 4 and it looks like the one that I didn't get the email from is coming out now. But the other 3 (around £38) have been declined (but I have them). It says that it used my back up account (My bank account and card are the same account). 

I am confused as to how I have the items and the money hasn't come out of my account.

I am really confused and after this I won't be using PayPal again! 

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Jordan

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

For most payments we pay on your behalf and we wait to be paid from your bank. So as soon as you commit to buy we send the funds onto the seller. When the funds fail to clear it just means PayPal are waiting to be paid.

My advice would be to visit your account 'History' as this will tell you how to resolve the issue.

Wayne

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

For most payments we pay on your behalf and we wait to be paid from your bank. So as soon as you commit to buy we send the funds onto the seller. When the funds fail to clear it just means PayPal are waiting to be paid.

My advice would be to visit your account 'History' as this will tell you how to resolve the issue.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

JordanB
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Wayne, Thanks for the reply. I have since removed my bank account and added it again and it s working okay for the most part, it happened a couple of weeks after I had the first problem but it all seems to be working now. Is this not a loop hole for criminals, since they could make PayPal pay for it and then never repay the money? Thanks, Jordan Burnham
Login to Me Too

nickygregory
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.