Wrong Account Number

MadhavRaj
Contributor
Contributor

// Your PayPal account balance is automatically withdrawn to your local bank account daily, subject to the terms of the // User Agreement. It can take up to 7 days to receive your funds in your bank account.

Hi ..... by mistake for linking my bank accound i inputed my debit card number as my bank account and i confirmed but havent verified cuz of 2 payment sent to that card number havent processed since its a debit card....... now i added my bank account correctly and made as default accout for auto withdraw......... but its late ...... my price are withdrawn are sent to my bank account(debit card inputed) ....... plz help me with this will i get my money bounced back ?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes it should bounce back but there will be a small fee and take a few days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MadhavRaj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for ur time ......

But the status of the transcation is now completed ...... so what do i do now ...... it was my debit card number ! plz help me with this

Login to Me Too

Starlight445
Contributor
Contributor

If you're debit card is not a debit visa, etc than the funds should bounce back to paypal. Call Paypal up.

Login to Me Too

farowforever
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same situation, i entered the 16 digit number in front of my card instead of my bank account number. So, mine is a visa debit card, would that mean my money would not bounce back to my paypal account and i would be able to withdraw it from my account? Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi farowforever,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulties with withdrawing funds.

As we can’t see your account details here, I would recommend you contacting PayPal Customer Services over phone by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to advise you on the best course of action.

However I would like to put your mind at ease, the funds should bounce back to your PayPal account.

When this will happen, please make sure to remove the incorrectly added bank account and add the correct details to enable withdrawal. You can learn more about it here: http://ow.ly/IS7HQ.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

lara_08
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same situation here. Instead of the savings account number of my bank,  I wrongfully indicated the debit card number which is incorrect. The money already transferred to the incorrect one, my bank says they will not see it so it means it will bouce back to Paypal.

My question is, will it actually bounce back to my Paypal account? How many days would it take? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi lara_08,

Thanks for posting.

In my experience, a rejected withdrawal will usually bounce back to your PayPal balance within 14 working days.

If this doesn't happen for whatever reason, please contact us directly at that time so we can look into initiating a trace for the missing funds though.

I hope that clears this up and have a great weekend,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Hazel91
New Community Member

Hi. I tried to withdraw funds from my paypal account to my bank account for the first time. More than a week had passed but the funds is still not reflected in my bank account. I think I entered my Card Number instead of my Account Number. What should I do? Will my money bounce back to my paypal account? Hope you could help me with this.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too

Gemma201
it happened to me too .. what will i do?? would my money bounce back to my paypal account?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.