Withdrawn funds to bank account disappeared!

peggystwins
New Community Member

I transferred some money from my Paypal account on monday 11th to my bank, on wednesday paypal stated that transaction was complete but it hasn't shown in my bank account  and its now Thursday, any ideas?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

PayPal_Arda

Hi HeavySoul,
Welcome to our community page 🙂
Oh no! Usually if there is a problem with a withdrawal, it is returned to us and the money is reversed back into your PayPal balance. If you haven’t received your funds by now and the status of the transaction is still 'Completed' in your PayPal account history, I can initiate a search for your withdrawal. Please contact me through our Twitter handle @AskPayPal or from our UK Facebook page and let me know!
Thanks for posting.
Arda

Login to Me Too

Hi I'm encountering the same issue, the withdrawn account is nowhere to be found and my bank cannot trace it. I am located in the Philippines. I transfer every month, have been doing so for the past two years and this is the first time it happened.

Login to Me Too

Leomar09
Contributor
Contributor

Goodday,

I am looking for a help of how i could get my money back.It's been almost 2 months since i transferred my funds into my bank account and until now the money still have not turn up in my bank account.I sent lots of emails on paypal and yes i recieved a response from them but it seems it didn't work.I contacted my  bank as well and there's nothing wrong with them.I sent the copy of my bank statement too and Phoned the paypal last week but they said,they are still tracing the missing funds.How long i need to wait?How many times i need to email and call them?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Leomar09,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

When we send a withdrawal to your bank and it doesn't arrive in your account we can open a trace with your bank after a certain amount of time. This seems to be what has been done for you. With this, we contact your bank to remind them that we have sent the money using the details that you provided and wait for them to get back to us with an update. In most cases the bank will return the money to us and it will be added back to your PayPal balance.  We do try to get this resolved as quickly as possible but as we have to wait for the bank involved we cannot give a definite timeframe.

I hope this has been resolved for you.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

jerujenusits
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i recently transferred money from PayPal to my bank account, which always takes an unnecessary 3 days, however my money hasn't appeared in my account. I called my bank to verify if the funds is being processed or if it is being transferred to my bank account from paypal. Unfortunately they didn't see any funds being transferred. They tried to help me by asking questions about my paypal account and found out that a possible reason why it's not pushing through is because my paypal business account name is different from my bank account name. They told me to notify you guys about the issue and have read online that it will usually go back to my paypal account if the withdrawal process encountered some problems. Hopefully you can help me with this matter even by just reversing back my funds to my paypal account and from there I can decide how to withdraw it properly to an account that will match the criteria. Please Help.

Unique Transaction ID: 01X98816WU6436800

Respectfully,

Jerusalem Fonseca

Login to Me Too

20HeMA17
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry, but PayPal doesn´t seem to take any efforts at all to trace withdrawals 

In my case they just closed the case and the money I withdrew from PayPal to my bank account seems to have disappeared for ever

Meanwhile I had contact to 4 different PayPal employees: each one starting the contact from scratch, i.e. non of them never ever traced anything 

I will never ever use PayPal again:

PayPal is unsafe

PayPal is not reliable

PayPal has a more than poor customer service

PayPal does not take responsibility for any founds on the PayPal account

If they sell customer date or forward them to other related companies is questionable

Their company structure is questionable (even reporting them to the authorities is difficult as it´s never clear if they operate from Luxemburg, California .... )

They charge fees and on the other hand they don´t dispose of a real customer service

I will never ever use their service again 

It´s a waste of time and first of all: money !

Login to Me Too

PantsCreations
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i recently transferred money from PayPal to my bank account, which always takes an unnecessary 3 days, however my money hasn't appeared in my account. Help. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi PantsCreations,

I have moved your post to here as I have recently answered a similar question. There are also other responses on this same topic that you might find useful.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

junearchie113
New Community Member

Hi...I have not been able to transfer money from paypal to my bank account for several weeks...paypal states i should complete verification process and they will pay two small amounts in...this they done on the 8.03.11...still not in my bank account today 11.03.11...please help as im getting rather peaved to say the least!!!   thanks June

p.s please can you advise why i have been able to do this for over a year but suddenly am unable to..

Login to Me Too

venison
Contributor
Contributor

Item sold on ebay and buyer immediately transferred money to my paypal account. More than 1 week has now passed and the money has not been transferred to my bank account. Smaller amounts have been transferred more quickly in the past. Why is this taking so long?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.