Withdrawing

Holidays1820
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know why I have to wait 24 hours for a withdrawal which is normally done in 2 hours?? So frustrating
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Jon_K
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Pending?

I used to get emails that said "this will take upto 2 hours" to reacvh the account.....

why is it now taking so long? this is my salary, and I need to pay bills, this was always easy....

now its just a pain and costing me bank charges!

Login to Me Too

danceleisure
Contributor
Contributor

I have just spoken to a customer service team member at Paypal who have confirmed that this is a technical issue & it is not anything to do with the extra security checks, so hopefully should be sorted soon!!!! They did also reverse the funds which I tried to withdraw back to my Paypal account until the issue is fixed!

Login to Me Too

Petepencil
Can someone please tell me why I have waited 2 1/2 weeks for my funds to be available from eBay because they were PENDING now they have been clear to my PayPal account I have tried to transfer the amount to my bank account and guess what it's PENDING again what on earth is all that about I need the funds days ago and just seem to get thrown from pillow to post NOT A HAPPY CHAPPY AT ALL never using PayPal again soon as I get my funds closing down the account it's a complete joke haven't to wait all this time ,oh could someone from PayPal tell me how long am going to be waiting now for my much needed funds PLEASE. !!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are a new seller then you are subject to the new seller hold, but if you follow the advice in the link below you rarely have to wait the 21 days.

everyone ebay seller has been through the new seller hold and as it is for buyer protection most understand as without buyer protection it is doubtful we would sell anything, also it filters out poor sellers.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

But withdrawals from your paypal account to your bank account are normally 2 hours but if again you are new >>>.from paypals help pages >>>

When a withdrawal is being initiated through the PayPal system, our security system sometimes temporarily holds the withdrawal for further review. This timeframe can range from 24-72 hours.

If you have been advised that the withdrawal will be held for 24 hours, you should expect the withdrawal to show a status of completed once the 24 hour timeframe passes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jon_K
Contributor
Contributor

HI

thanks for the heads up1

my funds are lost in cyber space

; (

Login to Me Too

Tammy_Pyne
Contributor
Contributor
I withdrew some money that is usually in my account straight away but today it didn't show up. The first amount was £175 and shows as completed and the second amount was £20. The £20 went in my bank straight away but the £175 hasn't gone in even though it says completed? rang paypal and they said we have had problems but it will be in today and as of 9 pm still no money?? any ideas anyone
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There was a response in your other post:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Adding-and-withdrawing-money/Transfer-to-bank-account-failed-is-...

Note, as this a member to member help group, we are not customer support.  You may want to follow-up with them with your concerns.

The status "completed" only means you have authorized PayPal to start the process - not that you have the money.  Transfer times vary from 2 hours to 4 days - depending on the the bank.

Login to Me Too

Tammy_Pyne
Contributor
Contributor
hi it just seems odd the £20 has gone in the bank but the other amount hasnt
Login to Me Too

makijo
Contributor
Contributor

Before today any money withdrawal I have requested to my bank has gone through almost instantly or within a few hours, yet today I tried to do a withdrawal and it says 3-5 days and on the transaction screen it says it will complete in 2-3 days. When did paypal switch to this rather obvious interest scam?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The time frame for UK Accounts has always been from 2 hours to 4 days.  Basically it's not just PayPal, there's a system behind the scenes and there's your bank's schedule to consider.   If you have concerns, you may want to follow-up with customer support with your questions.   As this is a member to member help group, unfortunately we don't have the same capabilities as customer support.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.