Withdrawing used to be instant with old bank, with new bank takes days?

spikey58
New Community Member
Hello. For the last ten years I have been with Natwest and when withdrawing money it would be in my bank account immediately. I changed bank to Barclays at the start of May and changed details on paypal. I have just gone to withdraw some balance and now says will take 3-4 days? Why will it take days with Barclays when it was instant with Natwest? What can I do to change this/improve this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jason-C
Contributor
Contributor

@spikey58

@spikey58 wrote:
Hello. For the last ten years I have been with Natwest and when withdrawing money it would be in my bank account immediately. I changed bank to Barclays at the start of May and changed details on paypal. I have just gone to withdraw some balance and now says will take 3-4 days? Why will it take days with Barclays when it was instant with Natwest? What can I do to change this/improve this?

Hi there,

On occasion, the security system can hold a withdrawal for a maximum period of 72 hours. In your case, the reason would be related to adding a brand new bank account to PayPal.

Once you've withdrawn to that bank account a few times, the system will build an established record which will reduce the frequency of it happening. The PayPal website has a static text that says '3-4 working days' but the email that is sent to confirm the withdrawal will state the accurate time period. It is either 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours.

In most cases, the withdrawal is processed exactly 24-72 hours after it was requested. 

Best Wishes,

Jason C

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.